New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · 150mm CPL filter

Tareq
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 150mm CPL filter

Hey again since long time

First of all, I ordered a filter holder to be used for my Tamron 15-30mm, and it is Haida 150 system, and i already have ND/GND 150mm filters before because i have a filter holder chinese brand i bought for my TS-E 17mm.

Now the question is, how good are CPL from another brands rather than LEE and Hitech? i have LEE 100x100mm CPL that is nice, but i don't want to afford LEE 150mm one because it is so expensive, so the less expensive alternatives i found were from Haida and NISI with Haida a bit more cheaper, NISI is closer to LEE in price but still cheaper, but i am not sure how good these compared to LEE CPL in general.

I am talking about square CPL here as i am not planning for screw in filters, i already have B+W 77 filters and they are best i can use, but i am almost moved to all square-like filters, and Haida/NISI being the cheaper alternatives to LEE for me, what do you think about their CPL if you tested it?

Oct 05, 2016 at 08:58 PM
notherenow
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 150mm CPL filter

I would have thought that it would be cheaper to get a 130mm filter holder/system. I got a free holder and Cokin X-pro CPL with my Canon 17 TS-E second hand. I would think something like that would be fine for both lenses (fits well in the matching holder).

Many of these filters are very expensive in many places but can be found a lot cheaper often enough.

I almost never use it. Maybe I should!

Thanks for reminding me about it at least.

Oct 07, 2016 at 11:06 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password