FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Grand Teton colors

rodgerc
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Grand Teton colors

Never been much of a landscape guy but decided I wanted to try my hand at panos. On a September trip to Yellowstone and grand Teton I thought perhaps I couldn't go to far wrong with all the iconic places to shoot. Here are a couple of my efforts. C&C most welcome!

How many millions of frames of these views must have been taken? The number of tour buses disgorging selfie wielding tourists alone must account for many millions. I even had one rest their stick on my shoulder while I was looking for a spot to shoot from.

Rodger

rodgerc 2016

Teton range

Canon EOS-1D X    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    70mm    f/20.0    1/320s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

rodgerc 2016

Mount Moran

Canon EOS-1D X    EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens    62mm    f/14.0    1/250s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 05, 2016 at 05:32 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Grand Teton colors

Hey Rodger,

You have some nice blue sky images here. The bit of lower clouds is a nice addition. I like #1 the best, the bit of grass overlaying the reflection of the peak is a nice tough that adds to the depth of this.

As to the millions of photos taken from here, I guess we are all different. I have shot from those same spots and never once contemplated that millions of other shots had been taken or snapped from there. When I am at a location, I somehow don't think about others around me or others who have stood there in the past. I totally just zone in on the beauty of the scene around me, and I then do my best to capture that. I could be standing shoulder to shoulder with a hundred other people shooting at Oxbow Bend for example, and I just focus on my shot, on what I am feeling and seeing in the scene before me. Because in reality, none of the shots others have taken, are taking, or are going to take, effect me in any way. They don't affect my photo at all. What I capture is the result of my work, not others.

Anyway, just my 3 cents...

Jim

Oct 05, 2016 at 03:40 PM
rodgerc
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Grand Teton colors

JimFox wrote:
Hey Rodger,

You have some nice blue sky images here. The bit of lower clouds is a nice addition. I like #1 the best, the bit of grass overlaying the reflection of the peak is a nice tough that adds to the depth of this.

As to the millions of photos taken from here, I guess we are all different. I have shot from those same spots and never once contemplated that millions of other shots had been taken or snapped from there. When I am at a location, I somehow don't think about others around me or others who have stood
...Show more

Absolutely true Jim, I took the pics for me, to continue the wonderful experience of being in such a beautiful place. I just truly wonder how many pics have been snapped at one of these iconic spots. As to shoulder to shoulder. Living all my life in a state with a small population density, where photographing on a beach say, might involve seeing two other people in many square miles I find it very disconcerting to be in such crowds of sometimes very rude people who have no idea of "personal space".

And yes I am one of the many. Hopefully just not one of the rude ones. I will step aside and let you get the shot.

Sorry if I got way off topic but I am still traumatized by a month in our much loved national parks.

Rodger

Yikes

Oct 05, 2016 at 05:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

lighthound
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Grand Teton colors

Beautiful shots Rodger! What a sight to see. I would have liked to see these posted larger.

And I hear you on the rude behavior and crowds.
I was up in the Smokies a couple of weeks ago shooting Elk. The people with cell phones just step in front of you and keep walking toward the Elk making sure they hog the entire scene.
I like getting out there to relax and have fun but my blood pressure was through the roof that morning.

Dave

Oct 05, 2016 at 05:38 PM
Don George
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Grand Teton colors

Great clean and sharp images. Looks like the color came together this year. First year I missed the Tetons due to health problems in over 25 years. The crowds always disappeared by the last week in September but not so any longer. Our parks are being loved to death which will bring on future regulations that will make it more and more difficult to obtain the images that we were used to achieving.

Oct 06, 2016 at 02:57 PM
marcy45
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Grand Teton colors

I was a week too early to get the great color - you did a nice job and I know what you mean about the crowds = we got there before sunrise and got set up then they arrived - moving all about not looking where they were standing or who they were blocking - you just have to work around them sometimes - same at the barns as people walk right in front of every set up -

Oct 08, 2016 at 12:53 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password