New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Amazon cheap lenses?

Rhizo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Amazon cheap lenses?

In the market for a Sigma 24-35mm F2.0 Art DG HSM lens. I noticed somebody has one listed used in Amazon, but the price is crazy mega cheap. The price shows more than 50% off?!??!

Seems too good to be true, anybody care to chime in with their two cents.

Edit: Says used then lists this in the description: NEW ~ For let us know, ONLY to: Joahuk @ computer4u , com INSTANT BUY and DELIVERY free ~ THANK YOU !!

Oct 05, 2016 at 04:25 AM
Kathy White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Amazon cheap lenses?

I found the lens on Amazon. 350.00 by just the one seller. Really a price drop from all the others. The seller has good ratings. I don't know what I'd do to be honest. It's almost too good to be true. I even went to their website and oddly when I searched for Sigma lenses I did not find any results.

Oct 05, 2016 at 05:07 AM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Amazon cheap lenses?

Oh my, they even have 1DXII's for $2,000.00. I'll take 10 please for resale.

No way this is legit.

Oct 05, 2016 at 05:16 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Amazon cheap lenses?

Well, if it seems too good to be true, why are you asking others for advice?

If you want to be a sucker, buy it.

Oct 05, 2016 at 05:24 AM
sids911

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Amazon cheap lenses?

Please report it to Amazon. They will credit some coffee money to your account if you report this to them. There have been scams like those and almost always the seller is computer4u.com or sometimes newly launched.

Oct 05, 2016 at 05:40 AM
Rhizo

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Amazon cheap lenses?

Yeah, thanks guys

Oct 05, 2016 at 05:42 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

shutterbug guy
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Amazon cheap lenses?

Rhizo wrote:
Yeah, thanks guys

Go for it and report back with the results please....

Oct 05, 2016 at 09:44 AM
Betacamman
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Amazon cheap lenses?

The key is that these listings always want you to contact them first, rather than buy through Amazon.

Oct 05, 2016 at 09:58 AM
LinuxHack3r
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Amazon cheap lenses?

Betacamman wrote:
The key is that these listings always want you to contact them first, rather than buy through Amazon.

Yep, I spent a few hours a few weeks ago agonizing on whether or not to spend the money on a 50% off L lens. I decided to, even contacting Amazon asking if everything looked legit. They way I say it was that if it was legit why not buy it. If it was a scam Amazon would take care of me as they always have.

It turned out you had to contact the seller via email "before purchasing". I wondered what it was about so I contacted them from a burner email address.

Haha, here is what they had sent me:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest! Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Wide Angle Lens for Canon SLR Cameras - Fixed is Brand New in original sealed box, never used, without scratches, 2 Year full warranty. It comes with all the supplied accessories. The total price is $549.00, including all shipping and insurance fees to United States / Canada. (3-5 business days).

The price is less than usual, because we have special offers and discounts in this period. The offer lasts 7 days. Take advantage while the offer lasts.

The transaction is through Amazon Payments; payment method is through Amazon Gift Card and you are covered by A-to-z Guarantee Protection. You can easily buy an Amazon Gift Card using your credit card directly on the Amazon website.

Return policy is full money back or replace the product, you can return it for any reason at all within 30 days.

If you want to buy, please confirm your full name and shipping address and I will place an order on Amazon for you; and then you receive the order confirmation from them with all details about the next steps to complete your purchase.
We will reserve the item and you will soon receive the order confirmation from Amazon.

Best regards,
SmartBuy Point Team

Of course total scam, too good to be true probably is, etc etc. I showed Amazon and they thanked me.

Oct 12, 2016 at 07:15 PM
Adam Jones

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Amazon cheap lenses?

Wow, a two year warranty! That's better than any other vendor. How generous.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:10 PM
JamesLarsen
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Amazon cheap lenses?

All of those Amazon 'Sellers' selling super low are fake - unless you know for sure they are a legit seller (lots of reviews that are good). It disappoints me on amazon, I really don't shop on there at all because of all those scams.

Oct 13, 2016 at 09:43 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password