Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2016 · Secret Falls
  
 
cams884
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Secret Falls


Despite their name, these falls are actually one of the most photographed in the Hobart area in Tasmania due to their ease of access. This was my first outing to the area though, and was timed for a few days after some solid rain.

C&C Welcome. Thanks for looking. Cam





Edited on Oct 05, 2016 at 10:41 PM · View previous versions



Oct 05, 2016 at 03:58 AM
junglialoh
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Secret Falls


looks like used ND filter to express flowing water smoothly nice!


Oct 05, 2016 at 04:40 PM
lighthound
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Secret Falls


Very nice capture! SS looks perfect for the flow. I'd like to see the shadows lifted a little more I think but the mood you have is excellent.

Dave



Oct 05, 2016 at 05:42 PM
cams884
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Secret Falls


junglialoh wrote:
looks like used ND filter to express flowing water smoothly nice!


Thanks for the comment. Actually just a CPL filter used here.

---------------------------------------------

lighthound wrote:
Very nice capture! SS looks perfect for the flow. I'd like to see the shadows lifted a little more I think but the mood you have is excellent.

Dave


Thanks for the input Dave. I'll have another look at the shadows, but you're right I did quite like the mood created with the darkness.



Oct 05, 2016 at 10:48 PM
DaleBerlin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Secret Falls


Beautiful shot, perfect shutter speed, and I love the way it leads my eye through the image.


Oct 06, 2016 at 01:42 AM
bill s
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Secret Falls


Love the soft flowing water, and the green walls are quite striking. Really lovely!


Oct 06, 2016 at 05:55 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



suchy
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Secret Falls


Great location-nicely captured!


Oct 06, 2016 at 06:34 AM
jhg photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Secret Falls


Beautiful place translated in a well composed and exposed photograph. Very nice one.


Oct 06, 2016 at 08:10 AM
rxgolf
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Secret Falls


Yes, a beautiful place captured nicely. The composition and technique looks spot on to my eyes!
Greg



Oct 06, 2016 at 01:49 PM
ArturS
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Secret Falls


Very nice shot Cam. The curve in the creek creates great flow. I would try to soften the contrast a little and you have great shot.


Oct 07, 2016 at 01:20 AM
JimFox
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Secret Falls


Hey Cam,

Very nice work in this. It's a really cool waterfall with the way it cascades. I think you nailed it here.

You have my vote for Featured thread.

Jim



Oct 07, 2016 at 01:55 AM
cams884
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Secret Falls


DaleBerlin wrote:
Beautiful shot, perfect shutter speed, and I love the way it leads my eye through the image.


Thanks very much.

---------------------------------------------

bill s wrote:
Love the soft flowing water, and the green walls are quite striking. Really lovely!


Thanks very much. Yes, the little gorge with the moss really makes these falls.

---------------------------------------------

suchy wrote:
Great location-nicely captured!


Thanks for looking.

---------------------------------------------

jhg photo wrote:
Beautiful place translated in a well composed and exposed photograph. Very nice one.


Thanks

---------------------------------------------

rxgolf wrote:
Yes, a beautiful place captured nicely. The composition and technique looks spot on to my eyes!
Greg


Thanks Greg.

---------------------------------------------

ArturS wrote:
Very nice shot Cam. The curve in the creek creates great flow. I would try to soften the contrast a little and you have great shot.


Thanks very much Artur. I'll have another play with those settings.

---------------------------------------------

JimFox wrote:
Hey Cam,

Very nice work in this. It's a really cool waterfall with the way it cascades. I think you nailed it here.

You have my vote for Featured thread.

Jim


Thanks so much Jim. I'm honoured.



Oct 07, 2016 at 04:53 AM







FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password