New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · x100T or xPro2 ?

Karlstorm
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · x100T or xPro2 ?

So, I've been shooting with a Ricoh GR II for quite some time now, but it was stolen about two weeks ago so I'm planning while I save up to buy something else (should be a while). I used to shoot Fuji and I loved the colors, and now that the technology in the cameras has gotten so much better I think it's time I switched back. I realize the x70 is basically a Fuji GR, but for now I'm not interested. Basically, I am curious as to whether the xPro2 is worth the extra money over the x100T. For those that have shot both: what do you like about each camera? What don't you like? How do they compare on various things? What surprised you about each camera? If you only have experience with one or the other feel free to post that.

Thanks in advance and happy shooting,

Bill

Oct 05, 2016 at 01:21 AM
rbf_
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · x100T or xPro2 ?

The X100T has the X-Trans II hardware with 16MP sensor and the XP2 is a hardware rev with X-Trans III and 24MP. The X100T is due for an update anytime as well so you may want to wait for the new version if you end up preferring the smaller X100 fixed lens camera.

Oct 05, 2016 at 01:48 AM
TheEmrys
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · x100T or xPro2 ?

The x100t os what I used for a tryout of Fuji in order to make the switch from my a7II. Its very good. The Xpro2 is better with the 23/1.4. The x100t is a touch soft wide open, but very good. Video is rudimentary.

The Xpro2 feels to be about twice the size. It is surprisingly larger than my a7II, something I wasn't prepared for. But the IQ is stellar.

Regardless, I would wait for the x100t successor (an x100f?), and get it at a deep discount as folks upgrade.

Oct 05, 2016 at 04:15 AM
Ian Boys
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · x100T or xPro2 ?

The XP2 is much better but the X100T is much smaller, lighter and quieter in operation. it really depends what you use it for. For street photography in NYC, I'd take the x100T every time. For other purposes, the XP2.

Oct 05, 2016 at 11:39 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password