Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Claudia (unusual post proc test)

Max_Pain
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Claudia (unusual post proc test)

I liked this shot, a lot. But I thought I would play around with the Nik Collection. This is using one of the vintage presets, with the original color image overlayed at 50% opacity to bring in some color.
I like the result. Does it work? Or too cheesy? It won't hurt my feelings, have at it!

Edit

Canon EOS 6D    EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM lens    64mm    f/4.0    1/80s    1600 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Original

Canon EOS 6D    EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM lens    64mm    f/4.0    1/80s    1600 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Edited on Oct 06, 2016 at 02:48 PM · View previous versions

Oct 05, 2016 at 01:20 AM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Claudia (unusual post proc test)

I like it. Maybe a tad too much reverse vignette. Too much of her hair disappears, especially at the top of the head.

A smile like hers would come through any kind of PP.

You might get more comments in the Digital Art Forum...

Oct 05, 2016 at 02:08 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Claudia (unusual post proc test)

Thanks, will cross-post. Hadn't thought of that.

The "reverse vignette" is actually an artifact of the Nik plugin used, as I did not intentionally apply any vignetting either way. But I see what you're referring to.

Oct 05, 2016 at 02:22 PM
01Ryan10
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Claudia (unusual post proc test)

two issues I have...

1. I would like to see some more "damage" or "cracking" in the photo, like it's been tossed around a bit from wear and tear.

2. The hair and shirt top don't match the "vintage" era. I'm assuming this is just a test shot, but I would not use it on contemporary looking subjects.

Oct 05, 2016 at 04:37 PM
Brev00
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Claudia (unusual post proc test)

Looking at the image as a whole is hard for me as the lips seem to dominate the image. The color is not what one might expect and the intensity is too much for me. Less might have been more with this particular model and shot. I love the Nik Suite but I would have to say no to this particular application. Worth trying again but maybe just let the preset be. One thing I like about Perfect Effects: you can not only stack presets as in Nik but you can also adjust the opacity of each filter in the stack. One stop shopping.

Oct 06, 2016 at 03:15 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Claudia (unusual post proc test)

Huh, I wasn't getting notifications for your comments. Thanks everyone. Like I said, this was more of a "let's click around and see what happens."
I do agree the lipstick color was a bit much, but it was her choice, and she wasn't a "model" but rather a family member who I then photographed. So I had no say in her make up!
But points taken. Thanks.

Oct 06, 2016 at 04:05 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Claudia (unusual post proc test)

I was just thinking the color and impact of the lipstick might have been a result of your processing as well as the woman's choice. I was just guessing. It might be nice to see the original to compare more factually.

Oct 06, 2016 at 01:52 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Claudia (unusual post proc test)

The look is very reminiscent of oil tinted B&W photos from the '50's and '60's. Toning down the lips would be an easy fix and would make them fit in with the rest of the photo.

If you want to play, do a B&W conversion of the image. Add a slight sepia tone, the sit this as a layer on top. Reduce the opacity.

I still have a set of Marshall's Photo Oils. You can still buy them!

Here's a link to some samples of hand tinted photos, showing techniques that range from subtle to garish. Be aware that this might be NSFW, there's some French post cards in the group!

Oct 06, 2016 at 02:22 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Claudia (unusual post proc test)

Awesome stuff. Thanks.

I've added the original to the OP as suggested.

Oct 06, 2016 at 02:49 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password