New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · NIK: won't install on Lr 6.0

OntheRez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NIK: won't install on Lr 6.0

I had to upgrade my work computer. (Oh, poor me ) Anyway, the data transfer wasn't a big deal using Apple's migration tool. I choose to reinstall all software. Among other things, had to deauthorize CS6, fuddle with MS Office, and a few other grumpy software vendors. The CS6 install went fine and amazingly all of the older Adobe updates were available and brought it to its former state. It's taken a bit to get the plugins working, but they're good now. Lr was an absolute b** as it demanded S/Ns all the way back to 4.0 before it got the job done. Weird. On the other hand, the 6.0 upgrade didn't ask for anything.

The problem is Lr 6.0 and NIK. For whatever reason, I decided to download the latest version from Google. Actually, I didn't think much had changed, but <shrug>. It came up with a list of programs it could install of which Ps and Lr were the only ones on my machine. Aperture's been gone a long time.

The listing for Lr was Lr 6/CC. That worried me some, but there didn't seem to be any way to alter the installer's intent, so I went with it. Ps works fine. Lr? I can't find or invoke any of the NIK plugs no matter how many ways and times I try. I can live without most of NIK, but Viveza and particularly SFXpro are truly useful tools, so my B&W work is at a standstill.

Anyone with some experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Robert

Oh, OS X 10.11.6

Oct 04, 2016 at 11:22 PM
jrhoffman75
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NIK: won't install on Lr 6.0

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2124663

Oct 05, 2016 at 02:20 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register