New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Vermont/ New Hampshire fall foliage hikes

Javier Munoz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Vermont/ New Hampshire fall foliage hikes

I am going to go with my better half to VT/NH either this Thursday-sunday or the next. I would appreciate any input regarding outlooks and, especially, hikes with great views and scenery this time of the year.

BTW any info regarding the current status of the foliage season would be more than welcome. From what we have gathered so far it seems that the mountains will be in peak this weekend.

Thanks

Oct 04, 2016 at 05:56 PM
bmc3430

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Vermont/ New Hampshire fall foliage hikes

In Southern NH, North Pack Monadnock has good views from the top. Below is a view of it. It is an easy hike. Take Old Mountain Rd off of Hwy 101, and the parking lot is at 42.9001406 deg N, 71.8750621 deg W. The hike will take you about an hour to get up to the top. I think you can also drive up to the top by going into Miller State Park (this is just east of Old Mountain Rd on Hwy 101). I live in Southern NH, and the leaves are about a week from turning red, so they are not quite there yet. I imagine northern NH should be at the peak this weekend.

North Pack Monadnock

Also in Southern NH is Mt. Monadnock. The more north you go in NH, the taller the mountains get. The Mt. Lincoln to Lafeyette hike is gorgeoous, but it's a longer hike (not sure how much gear you're carrying). There are also plenty of other options in northern NH. This

website will give you some ideas.

Oct 04, 2016 at 10:52 PM
walts.photo
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Vermont/ New Hampshire fall foliage hikes

Mountains in Northern Vermont are peaking in the next few days.

Oct 06, 2016 at 02:14 AM
Javier Munoz
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Vermont/ New Hampshire fall foliage hikes

walts.photo wrote:
Mountains in Northern Vermont are peaking in the next few days.

Would you recommend going to Vermont this weekend or the next?

Thanks a lot

Oct 06, 2016 at 01:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Javier Munoz
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Vermont/ New Hampshire fall foliage hikes

bmc3430 wrote:
In Southern NH, North Pack Monadnock has good views from the top. Below is a view of it. It is an easy hike. Take Old Mountain Rd off of Hwy 101, and the parking lot is at 42.9001406 deg N, 71.8750621 deg W. The hike will take you about an hour to get up to the top. I think you can also drive up to the top by going into Miller State Park (this is just east of Old Mountain Rd on Hwy 101). I live in Southern NH, and the leaves are about a week from turning red, so
...Show more

Thanks for the links and the info. It is really helpful

Oct 06, 2016 at 01:23 PM
JSecord
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Vermont/ New Hampshire fall foliage hikes

Colors are at peak in the majority of the white mountains now. Stick to the smaller peaks (once you get above treeline, basically above 4000ft, you'll be way above all the good color) in Franconia, Crawford, or Pinkham Notch and you'll find amazing color right now

Oct 06, 2016 at 08:41 PM
walts.photo
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Vermont/ New Hampshire fall foliage hikes

Javier Munoz wrote:
Would you recommend going to Vermont this weekend or the next?

Thanks a lot

If you are going to be in the mountains, this weekend. If the valleys or Lake Champlain, then next weekend might be slightly better.

Oct 06, 2016 at 09:45 PM
Javier Munoz
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Vermont/ New Hampshire fall foliage hikes

I finally drove from Maryland to North Vermont_Adirondack this weekend. As Walts said, the mountains were in peak/near peak. The colors were pretty good in the northern Green Mountains. Southern and central Green mountains had some color but still a week/10 days shy of peak. Lake Champlain looks ready for the next weekend.

Adirondack near Lake Placid were also near peak/peak.

South from Albany it was patchy.

Thanks everybody.

Oct 10, 2016 at 06:09 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password