New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Canon Upgrade

Lmhr321

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon Upgrade

Ok, so keep the camera and tack on a quality lens. What lens(es) would be the absolute best for moving targets (children)? Money being no issue?

Side note: I fixed the thread subject so as not to create any more raging conflicts

Oct 05, 2016 at 03:18 AM
Lauchlan Toal
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon Upgrade

Absolute best lens for kids would probably be the 200mm f2. All the other exotic telephoto lenses have great AF too, but for kids you usually don't need a long lens, and indeed would like to be kind of close to them anyway. The 70-200 f2.8 also has great AF and good image quality, which would be my second pick if you want a little more versatility and a lower price.

Oct 05, 2016 at 03:25 AM
bootster
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon Upgrade

The lens to look into is the EF-S 17-55mm IS for a dedicated crop. A lens I would get if money were no object would be the 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6L II. That is one of the best, most versatile lenses on the market today in my view. It's a little long, but the images are really nice and you can do a lot with it.

The 55-250 STM in the refurbished Canon store is a great buy. I paid $136 for mine there. You can't turn a deal like that down as that lens is versatile and has great reviews.

Oct 05, 2016 at 06:59 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password