FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              72      
       end

Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

GMPhotography
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #1 · p.73 #1 · Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

Folks i have the PCX 2500 if anyone wants me to try there CV 35 or 28 with the Hawks adapter i can try and get infinity. So if anyone wants to send and return to me just let me know. Ill be glad to try it for you

Mar 24, 2017 at 06:16 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.73 #2 · p.73 #2 · Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

Phillip Reeve wrote:
Cheap, too short adapters

Phillip,
Have you tried opening up the CV 35/1.7 or 28/2 and looking for any shims?
Relying on cheap adapters is really unreliable. I have bough a few cheap ones and could never reach infinity with the ZM 35/1.4 without shim removal...

Mar 24, 2017 at 06:22 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • •
p.73 #3 · p.73 #3 · Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

Has anyone called Steve Gandy at camerquest. He is the distributer of CV glass .

Has anyone pulled the mount off of one. Im looking at my CV 12 and there has got to be a way to adjust infinity.

Mar 24, 2017 at 06:37 PM
Phillip Reeve
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.73 #4 · p.73 #4 · Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

Fred Miranda wrote:
Phillip,
Have you tried opening up the CV 35/1.7 or 28/2 and looking for any shims?
Relying on cheap adapters is really unreliable. I have bough a few cheap ones and could never reach infinity with the ZM 35/1.4 without shim removal...

I just own the 35 and I tried and two screws resisted my attempts to open them. But I think someone in this thread managed to open it and found no shims to adjust the lens.

I am still on the fencer whether to go the Kolari route which would give me access to a wide range of M-mount lenses with close focus adapter or if I go for the front filter solution which is cheaper as long as I use just a few lenses but my CV35 won't work with a close focus adapter. I am not in a hurry though and so far the CV35 is my only M-mount lens and I wasn't bothered by the FC that much.

I am a bit surprised that your ZM didn't reach infinity with the cheap adapter. I own more than a dozen cheap adapters for SLR lenses and without exception they are too short.

Mar 24, 2017 at 06:50 PM
robgo2
• •
p.73 #5 · p.73 #5 · Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

artur5 wrote:
Supposing a PCX5000 is used with the CV35, an adapter 0.25-0.3mm. too short would do. I don't know if the Hawks has that much for infinity adjust. Anyway, my cheapie Pixco focused already past infinity with normal lenses when I purchased it and now, after tiresome shaving sessions, is only 9.35mm.

I was unable to reach infinity focus with the CV 35/1.7 + PCX 5000 on a Hawks adapter, not even close with max adjustment.

Rob

Mar 24, 2017 at 08:01 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Admin
p.73 #6 · p.73 #6 · Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

robgo2 wrote:
I was unable to reach infinity focus with the CV 35/1.7 + PCX 5000 on a Hawks adapter, not even close with max adjustment.

Rob

We can expect that a "shorter adapter" will be even worse than the Hawks. That tell me that a CV 28/2 + PCX 2000 will be hard to achieve infinity without the removal of internal shims...

Rob, where you able to open up your CV 35 and look for any shims?

Mar 24, 2017 at 08:22 PM
robgo2
• •
p.73 #7 · p.73 #7 · Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

Fred Miranda wrote:
We can expect that a "shorter adapter" will be even worse than the Hawks. That tell me that a CV 28/2 + PCX 2000 will be hard to achieve infinity without the removal of internal shims...

Rob, where you able to open up your CV 35 and look for any shims?

Fred, I did not even attempt it.

Rob

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:55 PM
mcbroomf
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.73 #8 · p.73 #8 · Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

Phillip Reeve wrote:
I just own the 35 and I tried and two screws resisted my attempts to open them. But I think someone in this thread managed to open it and found no shims to adjust the lens.

I am still on the fencer whether to go the Kolari route which would give me access to a wide range of M-mount lenses with close focus adapter or if I go for the front filter solution which is cheaper as long as I use just a few lenses but my CV35 won't work with a close focus adapter. I am not in a
...Show more

Yes,I opened the back of the VC 35/1.7 ... no shims. I checked the 28/1.9. Same unfortunately
Page 54 http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1453834/53#13938452

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:05 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.73 #9 · p.73 #9 · Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

mcbroomf wrote:
Yes,I opened the back of the VC 35/1.7 ... no shims. I checked the 28/1.9. Same unfortunately
Page 54 http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1453834/53#13938452

This video shows how to remove some shims from the CV 35/1.4: (right after 5min)

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:42 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password