New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Epson SC P600 and Mac OSX Sierra

markdennis
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson SC P600 and Mac OSX Sierra

Hi all,

Since upgrading to Sierra I am unable to print via the latest USB driver. It all worked fine before the upgrade to Sierra. I now get the 'Filter Failed' message. However, all works as normal if I print over AirPrint but I am restricted to that 'watered down' driver. I have done rather a lot of research on the web and tried lots of ideas (resetting the printer system, changing the computers name etc). Nothing works. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Oct 04, 2016 at 12:07 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson SC P600 and Mac OSX Sierra

fully resetting the printer system also involves physically removing the old driver install.

You do that by deleting the printer, navigating to /Library/Printers and trashing the EPSON folder, reboot, re-install driver (making sure to wait for EpsonIP to appear).

No assurance it will solve your problem.

I really do not understand why people rush out to install the new OS so quickly and are 'surprised' when important stuff like printers dont work.

Oct 04, 2016 at 12:20 PM
melcat
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson SC P600 and Mac OSX Sierra

Posts #4, 5 and 9 in this thread:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1451668

Oct 04, 2016 at 12:47 PM
markdennis
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Epson SC P600 and Mac OSX Sierra

howardm4 wrote:
fully resetting the printer system also involves physically removing the old driver install.

You do that by deleting the printer, navigating to /Library/Printers and trashing the EPSON folder, reboot, re-install driver (making sure to wait for EpsonIP to appear).

No assurance it will solve your problem.

I really do not understand why people rush out to install the new OS so quickly and are 'surprised' when important stuff like printers dont work.

Thanks...I know. I installed Sierra it first on my MacBook Pro first before the iMac. All worked fine for a while. Anyway, I seem to have got it to print via Photoshop CS6 with the 9.33 driver. So, I have set up the same printer twice. One using AirPrint and one using 9.33.

Thanks very much for the advice.

Oct 04, 2016 at 01:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

markdennis
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Epson SC P600 and Mac OSX Sierra

melcat wrote:
Posts #4, 5 and 9 in this thread:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1451668

Thanks very much!

Oct 04, 2016 at 01:17 PM
pr4photos
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Epson SC P600 and Mac OSX Sierra

Don't get me started. I have a Lexmark and an HP printer, neither of which will print from my Mac Mini now its got Sierra on it. However, my my Macbook, which also has Sierra, prints just fine with these two printers!

Just spent the whole morning chatting to Apple, and its still not resolved

Oct 04, 2016 at 02:09 PM
markdennis
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Epson SC P600 and Mac OSX Sierra

Well, I am in the process of restoring my iMac from a Time Machine backup. That in itself has been a hassle as the backup was on a Drobo D5 which uses Thunderbolt. Restore could not see the drive using TB to connect. Fortunately it also has USB and Restore can see the drive now..thank God.

Lesson learnt.

Mark

Oct 04, 2016 at 03:09 PM
markdennis
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Epson SC P600 and Mac OSX Sierra

Well, backup worked and all fine. Printing works as it should. CS6 works as it should. Really, it is best to wait to upgrade....

Oct 04, 2016 at 08:07 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password