New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Canon Pixma Pro rebate problems

abh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Pixma Pro rebate problems

I just bought the Pixma Pro-10 + 50 sheet Semigloss 13x19 package deal from B&H. Happy with the printer, but problems with the $250 rebate – the company processing the rebate has denied it with the less than useful explanation “UPC is invalid”. I have photos of everything I sent them, and I just scanned the UPCs from the photos and the correct products come up. And I didn’t “peel off” the UPC, I cut the UPC completely through the cardboard like the instructions say.

I’ve seen some older threads on the subject of Canon rebate nightmares – just wondering if anyone has current experience with the Pixma Pro rebates or any suggestions for a course of action (aside from calling the processing company, which I intend to do next week).

Sep 30, 2016 at 02:53 PM
aubsxc
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Pixma Pro rebate problems

I have submitted multiple rebates over the years for Canon gear and I have never had any problems. That being said, you would want to contact the rebate processing company directly at first. If they are non-responsive, or unwilling to resolve the issue, contact Canon USA directly with supporting documentation to see if they can help. Alternately, you might also contact B&H to see if they can help with the matter.

Sep 30, 2016 at 03:11 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Pixma Pro rebate problems

zero issues w/ rebates on 2 printers in the last year. Actually, very quick turnaround

Sep 30, 2016 at 04:33 PM
jodo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Pixma Pro rebate problems

I had a missing cannon rebate card. I contacted the rebate company and they were very responsive. Replacement card arrived in a few days. Contact them to see what's up. And let us know what happens.

Oct 01, 2016 at 10:23 PM
abh
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Pixma Pro rebate problems

Follow-up -- I spoke to a rep at the rebate processing center this morning. He initially said I didn't send the UPC, but after a minute apologized, said he didn't know why the letter denying the rebate was sent, that the rebate was approved, and I should ignore the letter. For now I'll assume the matter is closed, but will update this thread if there are further developments. Thanks to all those who responded.

Oct 03, 2016 at 08:57 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon Pixma Pro rebate problems

good. hopefully just some corporate stupidity.

Oct 03, 2016 at 09:19 AM
Ken_K
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon Pixma Pro rebate problems

abh wrote:
Follow-up -- I spoke to a rep at the rebate processing center this morning. He initially said I didn't send the UPC, but after a minute apologized, said he didn't know why the letter denying the rebate was sent, that the rebate was approved, and I should ignore the letter. For now I'll assume the matter is closed, but will update this thread if there are further developments. Thanks to all those who responded.

I ALWAYS take a photo of the UPC cutout before mailing. Last time I hadn't received my rebate and called. They said they never received anything from me. All they asked for was a photo of the printer's serial number. I week later I had my $250.

Oct 05, 2016 at 07:16 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon Pixma Pro rebate problems

ditto on the photo of UPC label or any other unique paperwork

Oct 05, 2016 at 07:27 AM
abh
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon Pixma Pro rebate problems

Ken_K wrote:
I ALWAYS take a photo of the UPC cutout before mailing. Last time I hadn't received my rebate and called. They said they never received anything from me. All they asked for was a photo of the printer's serial number. I week later I had my $250.

Now that you mention it, as soon as I said I had a photo of what I had mailed in, and that I had used my phone to confirm the bar codes were correct, that's when the rep said it was all a mistake. Being the cynic that I am, I wonder if they don't automatically decline a certain percentage of rebates in the hopes the customer won't have copies of the required proofs of purchase.

Oct 05, 2016 at 07:28 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.