New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Epson R3800 vs. P800

SSISteve
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson R3800 vs. P800

I currently own the 3800 and for those that now have the P800 and used to have the 3800 how much of a difference do you see in your images?

Steve

Sep 29, 2016 at 08:11 PM
cengell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson R3800 vs. P800

Hi Steve, I have read that the blacks are better darker and the yellow fades less that is last longer with less fading. Other than that and if you want to use roll paper holder cost extra and that's a nice feature.

Side by side yes you should see better blacks with the P800 but if you put a print from the P800 on the left wall and your 3800 print on the right I don't think you will see worth $800 investment improvements.

I am keeping my 3800 printers and not until it cost money to repair keep going with your 3800.

Christopher

Oct 16, 2016 at 05:46 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson R3800 vs. P800

It was a steep learning curve for me. I had no choice the 8 year old 3800 died.

Hard to say about IQ, I would need to print side by side to see any difference and that is no longer possible.

Paper handling is different and will probably be better once I master all the rules. I always used the rear feed on the 3800, but now use the front feed which requires me to open the paper feed cover and guide the paper carefully because even a slight paper curl will get it jammed. But I get far fewer skew errors.

The $300 rebate has not arrived yet, sent in 9/17. I plan to buy the roll feed attachment with the rebate money. I printed one sheet of roll paper without the roll attachment to get a feel for it. Since I print a lot of 16x30 using roll makes sense. But de-rolling is a pain.

Oct 17, 2016 at 09:35 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.