New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Wrapping It Up

beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wrapping It Up

This is gonna be the final post from the Africa trip (until I go through them all again, ha)! No grand finale or anything, just a few pics from the morning drive. Last one is more to show the severe drought - worst in 25 years!!

It was 1000% overcast, so not a lot of pop going on. Favorite is def #3.

Thanks to every for the very helpful comments and feedback - you guys and gals can make good things great.

Jeff

1 - Hanging Out

2 - Leftovers

3 - In Thought

4 - The Drought

Sep 28, 2016 at 04:17 PM
WalterF
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wrapping It Up

The 3rd one is my favorite also, looking forward to you posting more when you go through them again.

Walt

Sep 28, 2016 at 04:53 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wrapping It Up

I agree, 3 is the cats meow. In 2, the lump of red meat used to breath I assume.

Sep 28, 2016 at 04:53 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wrapping It Up

Man! You just couldn't give me a color #3 could ya!

My pick is #5, the color version.

#2 is very nice and shows his/hers full tummy from his leftover snack behind him. Nice touch I think.

Thanks for sharing all these spectacular images from your trip Jeff. You got me wanting to go there someday. It must be an incredible experience to be among all the various majestic animals that you encountered.

If you have trouble picking which ones to print, post all your finalist in a poll thread and we'll vote to help you choose.

You can send me a 500mm f/4 as a token of your appreciation for such a great idea.

Good stuff buddy! Seriously good stuff.

Dave

Sep 28, 2016 at 07:21 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wrapping It Up

I like the idea of a pole thread for these. Pick your own best 5 or however many you can fit into a pole and let us vote. Or do more than one pole, it will be very hard to get down to just 5. Even 20 might be tough.

Sep 28, 2016 at 07:23 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wrapping It Up

These are great.
First over second for reduced grossness.
#4 is excellent
#3 is a bit tight for me, but just nits. These are all great, Jeff!!!

Scott

Sep 28, 2016 at 07:27 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wrapping It Up

WalterF wrote:
The 3rd one is my favorite also, looking forward to you posting more when you go through them again.

Walt

Thanks for the feedback, Walt! I am hoping that I can pluck a few more decent ones from the bunch.

---------------------------------------------

ben egbert wrote:
I agree, 3 is the cats meow. In 2, the lump of red meat used to breath I assume.

Thanks, Ben! Yessir - that used to be a fairly large female impala prior to leaving this mortal coil. Simply amazing how these cats can climb these trees with a kill in their mouths!

lighthound wrote:
Man! You just couldn't give me a color #3 could ya!

My pick is #5, the color version.

#2 is very nice and shows his/hers full tummy from his leftover snack behind him. Nice touch I think.

Thanks for sharing all these spectacular images from your trip Jeff. You got me wanting to go there someday. It must be an incredible experience to be among all the various majestic animals that you encountered.

If you have trouble picking which ones to print, post all your finalist in a poll thread and we'll vote to help you choose.

You can
...Show more

Thank ya, Dave - very much appreciated and thanks for all the feedback you've given me! I'm sorry, but the color doesn't hold a candle to the mono IMO! I processed a color one previously just wasn't feeling it. I hope Ben doesn't jump ship and go for #5. ***edit: okay so I do like the blood around the mouth in the color - that's it though!!***

Seriously - try to make it happen. It's a life-altering experience - Scott can attest to this!! Well worth the 30+ hours of travel and the large expense. The pictures are great, the experiences are amazing. Cool idea about a poll!

Ugh, I never thought I would lust after 500 f4 as much as I currently am. Let's hope that Siggy 500 is a killer piece of glass. Not that I've got that kind of cash lying around!

ben egbert wrote:
I like the idea of a pole thread for these. Pick your own best 5 or however many you can fit into a pole and let us vote. Or do more than one pole, it will be very hard to get down to just 5. Even 20 might be tough.

It's a super cool idea - as long as people are cool with it. Not trying to spam the forum and all!

sbeme wrote:
These are great.
First over second for reduced grossness.
#4 is excellent
#3 is a bit tight for me, but just nits. These are all great, Jeff!!!

Scott

Ahhhh Scott - such is nature! On a previous day another vehicle got to see one of the leopards make a kill - epic stuff right there. You trying to pool our salaries into lotto tickets so we can both head back soon?

Jeff

Sep 28, 2016 at 08:04 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wrapping It Up

I haven't said much about your entire trip ... just too much goodness to comment individually for me, so let me sum it up here with a big for the whole set.

That said, I find #2 interesting ... but not for the kill. Look how long her tail is compared to he body length. I never realized just how much tail there was. I realize the mono shows it too, but the alignment with the tree kinda camouflages it a bit.

Sep 28, 2016 at 08:10 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wrapping It Up

RustyBug wrote:
I haven't said much about your entire trip ... just too much goodness to comment individually for me, so let me sum it up here with a big for the whole set.

That said, I find #2 interesting ... but not for the kill. Look how long her tail is compared to he body length. I never realized just how much tail there was. I realize the mono shows it too, but the alignment with the tree kinda camouflages it a bit.

Hey Kent!! I was hoping that you were digging the shots - wasn't sure. Thank you for the really generous comment!

You know, I would venture a guess that the tail helps for balance in the limbs. Leopards spend a lot of time in trees and don't tend to fall out unless they mean to. Cheetahs use their tails as rudders as they sprint on the hunt. Lions use their mainly for communication with others. Nature is pretty cool.

Jeff

Sep 28, 2016 at 08:15 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.