1       2       3              5      
       7              53       54       end

Archive 2016 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

genji
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

polylepis wrote:
Thanks for the all the great information!

I can add that the K&F L/R - L/M adapter works fine with TAP.

I'm curious what solutions other users have found for a quick release plate. The several L-brackets listed may not interfere with the TAP but do any provide enough clearance to allow for clamping to a tripod head? I've asked Techart and am waiting on a reply about their L-bracket.

Thank you! I've added the K&F LR->M adapter to the FAQ.

Oct 26, 2016 at 05:55 AM
genji
• • • •
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Slalom wrote:
Yes +1 the L bracket LB-A7M2 is no longer a Quick release, For landscape less than 2cm/1" on the side to slide in, then the other side has the hand grip. The Bracket ends just short <1 mm before the TAP with a gap of 2-3mm, so any L bracket to work, would need to be considerably deeper or offset backwards on the camera. Now moving backwards would bump into the Camera tripod thread at about the same time it protruded the thickness of a protective screen beyond the rear display.

So unless any current L bracket works the engineering of
...Show more

I ordered an LB-A7M2 bracket three weeks ago so I'm hoping for delivery in the next few days. Once I receive it, I'll post a report with pictures of the bracket on various tripod heads.

Oct 26, 2016 at 06:03 AM
polylepis
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

This is a nice bracket (I have it) but requires an additional plate to clear the TAP. Has anyone found a one-step solution, like a piggy-backed plate that can remain on the bracket when removed from the camera?

Techartpro sent me a picture of their bracket which looks very much like the LB-A7M2 on the base. It has a tapped hole for attaching a plate.

Oct 26, 2016 at 08:11 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I just put rubber pads between camera and plate and use a little longer screw and I don't need any additional plate at all. You can buy them at Ace hardware they call them felt pads but they have rubber. I double stacked them and it works great. I use a Arca Swiss Z2 ball head with the flip lock.

Oct 26, 2016 at 08:56 AM
Slalom
• • •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Hi GMPhotography, It would be interesting to know the dimensions:

The Thickness of the pads? Ace Hardware are nowhere near. I guess they fit near the tripod Mount as there are Parallel surfaces there.

Also the length of the longer screw?

And the USB door is it still clear to open?

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:54 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I would say they atabout 1/16 each so about 1/8 total. I applied them on the full length of the plate so it's even pressure everywhere. Maybe a 3/4 inch screw

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:00 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

These look comparable

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D4D523E/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1477497789&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=foam+pads+for+furniture&dpPl=1&dpID=51pGibq6mKL&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013MG9FJA/ref=psdcmw_2380874011_t1_B01D4D523E

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:04 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I have a lot of plates laying around so I just used the longest I had. .looks about 3/4 of a inch. Almost any hardware store would have these.

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:06 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

All port doors open

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:07 AM
Slalom
• • •
p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Thanks GMPhotography

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:30 AM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Has anyone tried the TAP and Sony's Lens Compensation App? Apparently that will now write the lens data into Exif on some bodies, but I'm curious how it'll mix with the info coming off of the TAP...

Oct 27, 2016 at 02:35 PM
genji
• • • •
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Only one way to find out. I'll purchase the app this morning and give it a try.

Mathieu18 wrote:
Has anyone tried the TAP and Sony's Lens Compensation App? Apparently that will now write the lens data into Exif on some bodies, but I'm curious how it'll mix with the info coming off of the TAP...

Oct 27, 2016 at 05:13 PM
genji
• • • •
p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I must have tried a dozen times but I'm having no success in installing the app on an A7R II via Safari on a Mac Pro running OS X El Capitan (10.11.6). When I click the button to approve the PayPal purchase I get an error message stating that "An internal error has occurred."

[Edited] I tried using Internet Explorer on Windows 7 and got the same error. In both cases, The A7R II was seen and verified as compatible with the app.

Oct 27, 2016 at 07:30 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.6 #14 · p.6 #14 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

genji wrote:
I must have tried a dozen times but I'm having no success in installing the app on an A7R II via Safari on a Mac Pro running OS X El Capitan (10.11.6). When I click the button to approve the PayPal purchase I get an error message stating that "An internal error has occurred."

[Edited] I tried using Internet Explorer on Windows 7 and got the same error. In both cases, The A7R II was seen and verified as compatible with the app.

I have had more success installing these apps from the camera.

Oct 27, 2016 at 08:19 PM
genji
• • • •
p.6 #15 · p.6 #15 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Fred Miranda wrote:
I have had more success installing these apps from the camera.

In that case, Fred, do you pay for them from the camera too?

Oct 27, 2016 at 08:36 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.6 #16 · p.6 #16 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

genji wrote:
In that case, Fred, do you pay for them from the camera too?

First, open an account at http://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal.
Once you login, click on your email address on the top of the page.

That will take you here.

Click on Account and add a credit card (Or PayPal email address)

Once you do that, you can purchased apps from your Sony camera and it will be charged to whatever payment method you added to your account.

Oct 27, 2016 at 08:44 PM
DavidBM
• • • • •
p.6 #17 · p.6 #17 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Fred Miranda wrote:

That will take you here.

Once you do that, you can purchased apps from your Sony camera and it will be charged to whatever payment method you added to your account.

I could never get it to work from the computer before, but the most recent versions of play memories for OSX seems to work fine. And if it works, it's much less hassle installing apps via the computer than entering codes on the back of the camera...

Oct 27, 2016 at 09:08 PM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.6 #18 · p.6 #18 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I've installed 3-4 from a PC no problem, but I got the same Internal Error. I think they're having trouble with payment processing, but just a guess.

Oct 27, 2016 at 09:45 PM
genji
• • • •
p.6 #19 · p.6 #19 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Fred Miranda wrote:

That will take you here.

I already had an account so I connected the camera to my WiFi network and went through the steps to purchase the app but, when I clicked the button to confirm the purchase, I got exactly the same error message: "An internal error has occurred."

So far I've tried to install via Mac OS, Windows 7, and the A7R II camera, getting the same error message in each case. I've tried to pay using both PayPal and a credit card and again got the error message. I tried to add funds to a Sony wallet and failed. I might try again tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:38 PM
genji
• • • •
p.6 #20 · p.6 #20 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Mathieu18 wrote:
I've installed 3-4 from a PC no problem, but I got the same Internal Error. I think they're having trouble with payment processing, but just a guess.

That seems most likely, given that I've tried multiple connection and payment methods...

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:42 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.