FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              30      
       32              53       54       end

Archive 2016 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

virtualrain
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.31 #1 · p.31 #1 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Is battery drain still a problem. I recall leaving my TAP on the camera the other night and I think the battery was the same the next day.

Jan 16, 2018 at 04:05 PM
Ardmoyle

p.31 #2 · p.31 #2 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

d.kopylenko wrote:
I would like to mention a way for stopping camera battery drainage - just turn on the airplane mode in the camera. This mode seems not only cut the camera wireless connectivity, but also adapter's, which seems to be the cause of its constant energy consumption.
On the other hand, when firmware update is required, the airplane mode shall be turned off, otherwise the adapter's bluetooth connection will be disabled.

Well, if that works, it might be a good solution for some users. But I guess I still "prefer" the old workaround of removing the battery for half a second. Because I like to use the new GPS via Bluetooth feature on my A7RIII with the PlayMemories App. Works quite nicely and I'm sure that I'd forget to turn airplane mode off again.

Jan 17, 2018 at 02:04 AM
d.kopylenko

p.31 #3 · p.31 #3 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I forgot to mention that I have an a9. Maybe it behaves differently..

Jan 17, 2018 at 07:13 AM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.31 #4 · p.31 #4 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Question, any causes of adapter not being recognized on an A7RII? I recently sold one, did a firmware update to V5 and tested it quick, all looked well. Packaged well and shipped it. No obvious signs of abuse while shipping. Buyer is seeing F— when it’s attached and adapter isn’t being recognized. Probably just screwed but thought I’d ask.

Feb 06, 2018 at 07:39 PM
pasblues
• • • •
p.31 #5 · p.31 #5 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

There's a V6 firmware upgrade being shown on the Techart website but only for A7RIII and A9 - not for other bodies. The buyer didn't update to V6, hopefully. Is the buyer's camera body completely firmware updated?

Otherwise - Are the contacts clean? Any humidity or condensation? Techart Guidelines

Feb 06, 2018 at 10:10 PM
Charlie N
• • • •
p.31 #6 · p.31 #6 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Hope you’re getting the same adapter back..... I did the FW update successfully to v5 on a past adapter and bricked it. After many months of complaints, techart replaced it, and it was out of warranty by then.

Contact them, hopefully not a total loss

Mathieu18 wrote:
Question, any causes of adapter not being recognized on an A7RII? I recently sold one, did a firmware update to V5 and tested it quick, all looked well. Packaged well and shipped it. No obvious signs of abuse while shipping. Buyer is seeing F— when it’s attached and adapter isn’t being recognized. Probably just screwed but thought I’d ask.

Feb 06, 2018 at 10:27 PM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.31 #7 · p.31 #7 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I’ll check clean contacts etc. Definitely didn’t brick on the update, he and I discussed V6, he’s running FW 4 on an A7RII so I don’t think that’s the case. Crossed my mind about a different, already bad adapter, and he is a new buyer, but he’s being quite polite and thorough, doesn’t feel like a scam but who knows these days. Oh well, thanks for the thoughts on contacts, live and learn I guess.

Charlie N wrote:
Hope you’re getting the same adapter back..... I did the FW update successfully to v5 on a past adapter and bricked it. After many months of complaints, techart replaced it, and it was out of warranty by then.

Contact them, hopefully not a total loss

Feb 07, 2018 at 07:17 AM
LLL78

p.31 #8 · p.31 #8 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I need Help please
Hello to all, I'm a complete newbie with Techart PRO adapter, and I just got one second hand,
it was functioning the first time I try it on my A7R3 and I just made the update to the latest version.
Now, the adapter don't do absolutely nothing never search the focus or move. nothing
when I turn the "F" weel, there is no number, nothing, just "F--" that blink orange/red
I don't know what to do
any help will be apreciate
Laurent

Feb 07, 2018 at 02:30 PM
pasblues
• • • •
p.31 #9 · p.31 #9 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

LLL78 wrote:
I need Help please
Hello to all, I'm a complete newbie with Techart PRO adapter, and I just got one second hand,
it was functioning the first time I try it on my A7R3 and I just made the update to the latest version.
Now, the adapter don't do absolutely nothing never search the focus or move. nothing
when I turn the "F" weel, there is no number, nothing, just "F--" that blink orange/red
I don't know what to do
Laurent

Please see the above post for Techart Guidelines - making sure the contacts are clean, etc. If all else fails, I would contact Techart and politely request assistance.

Feb 07, 2018 at 06:39 PM
LLL78

p.31 #10 · p.31 #10 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

pasblues wrote:
Please see the above post for Techart Guidelines - making sure the contacts are clean, etc. If all else fails, I would contact Techart and politely request assistance.

Thank you,
I did all that already including : contacting Techart, but no answer yet from them,
I guess the update I made failed in some way and now the adapter is "KAPUTT"

anyone else have an idea

Feb 08, 2018 at 03:35 AM
genji
• • • •
p.31 #11 · p.31 #11 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

LLL78 wrote:
Thank you,
I did all that already including : contacting Techart, but no answer yet from them,
I guess the update I made failed in some way and now the adapter is "KAPUTT"

anyone else have an idea

How many times have you tried the update? If it's only once, I would suggest that you try it again.

Feb 08, 2018 at 03:56 AM
LLL78

p.31 #12 · p.31 #12 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

genji wrote:
How many times have you tried the update? If it's only once, I would suggest that you try it again.

Good idea !

but as I understand, to make any update, you have to put the F number of the camera to "99" but as I cant change and see any F number, (I only have a red "F--") I can't acess the adapter through the anfdroid App

Feb 08, 2018 at 03:58 AM
genji
• • • •
p.31 #13 · p.31 #13 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

pasblues wrote:
There's a V6 firmware upgrade being shown on the Techart website but only for A7RIII and A9 - not for other bodies. The buyer didn't update to V6, hopefully. Is the buyer's camera body completely firmware updated?

Otherwise - Are the contacts clean? Any humidity or condensation? Techart Guidelines

I upgraded to v6 so I could use the TAP on my A7RIII. Subsequently (not realizing that v6 was meant only for the A9 and A7RII) I used the updated TAP on an A7RII without any ill effects. After reading your post I switched to a v5 TAP for the A7RII (I have three TAPs) and it does seem to focus more quickly with the older firmware.

Feb 08, 2018 at 04:01 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.31 #14 · p.31 #14 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Update on my broken TAP - TechArt replaced it, and I now have two. The replacement focuses very well, and the version 6.0 firmware is giving me really excellent performance. I'm very happy with them now and look forward to seeing continuing improvements.

On a more somber note, I've started noticing the "wobble" issues - I can't use my older TAP for any imaging that requires good edge performance. My wife recently tried doing some food photography with the A9 and 50 'Lux on TAP, but complained that she was seeing some really bizarre out-of-focus areas that we quickly figured out were due to focus plane misalignment. That effect actually makes portraits more interesting. But for everything else, it's either a Metabones adapter or native lens.

Feb 08, 2018 at 04:59 AM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.31 #15 · p.31 #15 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Same happened to mine, took update to V5 fine, then F—. Someone else suggested trying the android blue tooth connection, but not super hopeful. Mine is likely toast too, not hugely hopeful for Techart help either. Don’t know that I’ll be buying more of their stuff...

LLL78 wrote:
I need Help please
I don't know what to do
Laurent

Feb 08, 2018 at 09:33 AM
Charlie N
• • • •
p.31 #16 · p.31 #16 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Mathieu18 wrote:
I’ll check clean contacts etc. Definitely didn’t brick on the update, he and I discussed V6, he’s running FW 4 on an A7RII so I don’t think that’s the case. Crossed my mind about a different, already bad adapter, and he is a new buyer, but he’s being quite polite and thorough, doesn’t feel like a scam but who knows these days. Oh well, thanks for the thoughts on contacts, live and learn I guess.

My update was successful, soon as I mount, I got F-- and never recovered. Indeed bricked. I was well out of the warranty period, but due to my constant TAP troubles and enough complaints, they got me ANOTHER new one, I've had two replacements by them, total PITA each time, but at least I'm only out shipping. BTW, my original update was android, and it failed to update to V6. I then used an Ipad to update to V6 successfully, I'm dreading a V7 if any.... The firmware is important because I'm running an R3.

Feb 08, 2018 at 09:43 AM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.31 #17 · p.31 #17 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Any tips to A) get through to them and B) get them to take a repair exchange? Seems most people don't get responses from them...

Feb 08, 2018 at 10:59 AM
LLL78

p.31 #18 · p.31 #18 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Ah Ah Ah !!! seems I bought a great adapter, I have it for an hour and dead !!!
I made the update v6 with android
still no answer from Techart !

Feb 08, 2018 at 12:07 PM
pasblues
• • • •
p.31 #19 · p.31 #19 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

LLL78 wrote:
Ah Ah Ah !!! seems I bought a great adapter, I have it for an hour and dead !!!
I made the update v6 with android
still no answer from Techart !

Perhaps be patient. I can understand your frustration and fear that you have spent money on something that doesn't work.

Feb 08, 2018 at 01:17 PM
LLL78

p.31 #20 · p.31 #20 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

pasblues wrote:
Perhaps be patient. I can understand your frustration and fear that you have spent money on something that doesn't work.

I will, and I will send another email to Techart, but it seems that a lot of people have problem with upgrading their adapter, and this is not serious.

Feb 08, 2018 at 01:25 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.