FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              53       54       end

Archive 2016 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

genji
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I've created a PDF version of the Techart PRO FAQ but, rather than link to it from the actual FAQ post, I thought I should get some feedback on it first. I am not a designer so any suggestions regarding formatting, fonts, colors, etc will be welcome. You can download the PDF at this link.

Sep 30, 2016 at 03:27 AM
bluloo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

FYI - The Fotodiox FD-LM adapter doesn't work with the Techart Pro.
The mounting flange is too short and the adapter hits the "bump" in the TAP.

Given that the mounting ring rotates to lock onto the lens, I wouldn't recommend taking a dremel to this one for clearance as you'd almost certainly compromise the integrity of the locking ring.

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:21 PM
bluloo
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Has anyone found a solution to mount Fujica X mount lenses (new full-frame fujis) to the TAP?

I can't seem to find a single adapter for FX to LM.

Sep 30, 2016 at 03:12 PM
genji
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

bluloo wrote:
FYI - The Fotodiox FD-LM adapter doesn't work with the Techart Pro.
The mounting flange is too short and the adapter hits the "bump" in the TAP.

Given that the mounting ring rotates to lock onto the lens, I wouldn't recommend taking a dremel to this one for clearance as you'd almost certainly compromise the integrity of the locking ring.

Thanks. Initially the adapter list showed adapters that don't work with the TAP but that turned out to be confusing so I modified it to show only the adapters that do work. Another list (of adapters that don't work) would be really long and I'm not sure I want to open that can of worms...

Sep 30, 2016 at 06:17 PM
bluloo
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I know.
I earlier wrote I'd report back on the M adapter with the FD lens, and wanted to follow up.

Sep 30, 2016 at 06:23 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

genji wrote:
Thanks. Initially the adapter list showed adapters that don't work with the TAP but that turned out to be confusing so I modified it to show only the adapters that do work. Another list (of adapters that don't work) would be really long and I'm not sure I want to open that can of worms...

Thanks genji. I agree let's keep focus on the adapters that do fit and can reach infinity.

K-H.

Sep 30, 2016 at 06:31 PM
mark1958
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

When traveling out of town--- and have a load of techart dependent lenses (e.g. M mount) -

Who still brings non techart adapters in case of malfunction?

Sep 30, 2016 at 07:21 PM
bluloo
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

mark1958 wrote:
When traveling out of town--- and have a load of techart dependent lenses (e.g. M mount) -

I bring MF adapters when I'm out shooting with the TAP, period, regardless of where I'm shooting.
I don't have any native M-mount lenses so will usually choose just two that I will default to (to minimize the number of adapters) in case the TAP fails.

Sep 30, 2016 at 07:55 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

mark1958 wrote:

I don't. Not necessary, simply switch the TAP via camera to manual focus.

AF/MF Button: AF/MF Ctrl Toggle (with the LM-EA7 adapter this is a way to get to MF with focus peaking)

K-H.

Sep 30, 2016 at 08:26 PM
genji
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I haven't been bringing a backup adapter but now I think I will. I frequently use the TAP's macro capability so from now on I'll take a Voigtlander Close Focus Adapter. I guess it's also possible that the TAP could malfunction in a way that left it locked in the extended position.

mark1958 wrote:

Sep 30, 2016 at 09:21 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Well, I have a second TAP.

K-H.

Sep 30, 2016 at 10:26 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I carry a cheap M to E just in case.

Actually I have two and they are in the lenses. It's just as easy to take off as a lens cap. So I don't have to carry M caps

Sep 30, 2016 at 11:01 PM
genji
• • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

To be honest, that's my ambition too!

k-h.a.w wrote:
Well, I have a second TAP.

K-H.

Oct 01, 2016 at 12:24 AM
mark1958
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Getting a second one.. .. novel idea.. I might do that someday as well. I have the V-E close up adapter and thought the world of it until I found the TAP.

Oct 01, 2016 at 12:41 AM
genji
• • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

You and me both. I'm thinking that owning two TAPs might be a prerequisite for membership of the TAP Elite.

mark1958 wrote:
Getting a second one.. .. novel idea.. I might do that someday as well. I have the V-E close up adapter and thought the world of it until I found the TAP.

Oct 01, 2016 at 01:00 AM
nehemiahphoto
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I don't see one in the list, and can't quite find one easily on line, but does anyone know of an a-mount to leica m adapter?

This FAQ is phenominal--thank you.

Oct 02, 2016 at 03:10 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance

Considering the register distances I would think such an adapter should be possible.

K-H.

Oct 02, 2016 at 04:50 PM
nehemiahphoto
• • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1445543/25

I read this thread where he modded a Kippon adapter to dummy control the ZA aperture (I often use a-mount lenses on a7 series with dumb adapter). I don't mind the pre-focus, and the lens I wanted to use is a 85mm (either mino or ZA 85), so the pre-focussing and weight wouldn't be much of an issue for me. Just need an adapter, and as of right now, I am just using an a7, but I'd like to try anyway.

Oct 02, 2016 at 05:20 PM
genji
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

nehemiahphoto wrote:
I don't see one in the list, and can't quite find one easily on line, but does anyone know of an a-mount to leica m adapter?

This FAQ is phenominal--thank you.

I'd almost given up when I stumbled upon this one: Kipon Adapter for Minolta AF/Sony Alpha Lens to Live view Leica M Typ 240 Camera. Though I have a feeling that might not be sufficiently tapered at the bayonet end to mount on the TAP. Could be worth a try since the seller has a 14-day return policy.

And it does confirm k-h.a.w's observation that an A-mount to M-mount adapter is possible.

Oct 02, 2016 at 07:45 PM
asacchi011

p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Thanks for the bunch of great advices.

I have one question, is there a way to avoid "booting" (Techart adapter extending and retracting) every time when you turn on/wake up? It significantly slows down "reaction time" to catch a moment.

Thanks,

Oct 04, 2016 at 03:10 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.