1       2       3              27      
       29              53       54       end

Archive 2016 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

genji
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #1 · p.28 #1 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

DavidBM wrote:
I actually doubt that anyone else will come to the party (I was surprised by the copy that came out). Here's why: this was a cool idea, but my guess is that there is a more or less fixed number of people who want it - the folk already using M lenses on Sony, and that number isn't growing very fast. In which case most of us who wanted something like TAP already have it. And how many of us would buy another, bigger and better one? Well a few, but not enough I fear to make it a commercial
...Show more

Actually, I think you're right. Plus there are a couple of other factors to consider. As the number of native FE lenses steadily improves, the need or the desire to use M lenses on Sony diminishes. In addition, as you've pointed out yourself, MF with the A7R3 is so much better that reliable MF is preferable to flaky AF. The pictures I took with the C-Sonnar and A72 on Anzac Day last year (before the TAP came out) were all perfectly focused. Given the latest TAP "pulsation" problem, by the time that's addressed with a firmware update (who knows when?) I might well have become accustomed to focusing the C-Sonnar manually, since I only ever use f/2.8.

Dec 16, 2017 at 06:23 AM
djinn

p.28 #2 · p.28 #2 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Has anyone tested this adapter with the Voigtlander Heliar-Hyper Wide 10mm f/5.6 Lens? (M-mount version). If so, how does it perform? Thx.

Dec 18, 2017 at 12:49 AM
bwcolor
• • •
p.28 #3 · p.28 #3 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Too many pages to read..
Have a Note 8 and A9 f/90 and off, but MAC appears under available devices.. actually two of them, but never established name and won't pair. App just crashes. Open to any ideas.

Put on old A7Rii body and update works. Hmmm..

Dec 23, 2017 at 07:10 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.28 #4 · p.28 #4 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

V6 is out today and it's great. AF is improved considerably.

Jan 05, 2018 at 08:41 AM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.28 #5 · p.28 #5 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Wahoowa wrote:

Thanks.
No problem updating my adapters with A7r.2.
First tried updating with A9 - no luck.

K-H.

Jan 05, 2018 at 09:28 AM
Charlie N
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.28 #6 · p.28 #6 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I was shooting with TAP last night, with the lovely CV 35. Was convinced I was going to sell it due to lame AF-C, hopefully the update holds me over.

Jan 05, 2018 at 09:41 AM
virtualrain
• • •
p.28 #7 · p.28 #7 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Wahoowa wrote:

Good news. Thanks. What body are you using? The key is whether this solves the pumping in AF-C with the A7RIII.

Jan 05, 2018 at 09:47 AM
Charlie N
• • • •
p.28 #8 · p.28 #8 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

virtualrain wrote:
Good news. Thanks. What body are you using? The key is whether this solves the pumping in AF-C with the A7RIII.

that has been solved, now the adapter is on the level of the R2, I can stop using that body for ANYTHING AF related now

still the issue of not being able to focus outside of the central area. Seems like this version can do marginally better in that regard, gives a better effort.

Jan 05, 2018 at 10:37 AM
bluloo
• • • •
p.28 #9 · p.28 #9 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Only spent a few minutes with v6 of the TAP firmware, but the AF speed improvement is pretty dramatic, IME.

Jan 05, 2018 at 01:36 PM
Charlie N
• • • •
p.28 #10 · p.28 #10 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

spent some more time with it, and while still central in nature, it is indeed quite a bit better and pretty good when it can focus. Eye AF seems good even slightly outside of center area.

Jan 05, 2018 at 02:01 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.28 #11 · p.28 #11 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

virtualrain wrote:

I use A9. AF is quite reliable now.

Someone mentioned CV 35/1.4. I have one and it's the worst lens to use with TAP before V6. In fact, it's pretty much useless. Now, it's certainly useable, even in AF-C.

Regarding the AF areas outside the center area, my guess that's on the field curvature and how the light hits the sensor at a steep angle. I bet that if you modify the sensor filter to a thinner one, that should make the AF a lot better outside the center area.

Jan 05, 2018 at 10:40 PM
udoo
• •
p.28 #12 · p.28 #12 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I recently bought the Techart Pro to be used in conjunction with my Summilux 35mm on a7RIII. I do not see any way to do focus peeking. Is it not available with this adapter?

Jan 05, 2018 at 10:43 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.28 #13 · p.28 #13 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

udoo wrote:
I recently bought the Techart Pro to be used in conjunction with my Summilux 35mm on a7RIII. I do not see any way to do focus peeking. Is it not available with this adapter?

Focus peeking is always on MF mode. If you use TAP, which is autofocus, peeking is not available.

What I do with my A9, which is doable with A7R3, is I customize the C4 button to be "AF/MF toggle". That way, I can quickly switch between AF and MF with any lens, not just with TAP. When I need to do my own focus, I switch to MF and focus peeking will be ready for me to use. (That's in another menu to set.)

Jan 06, 2018 at 01:43 AM
photomadnz
• • •
p.28 #14 · p.28 #14 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Just updated and unfortunately its getting dark here but a quick test seems to show a good improvement. Time will tell..... Thankful though that they are still working on it :-)

Jan 06, 2018 at 02:34 AM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.28 #15 · p.28 #15 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Wahoowa wrote:
Focus peeking is always on MF mode. If you use TAP, which is autofocus, peeking is not available.

What I do with my A9, which is doable with A7R3, is I customize the C4 button to be "AF/MF toggle". That way, I can quickly switch between AF and MF with any lens, not just with TAP. When I need to do my own focus, I switch to MF and focus peeking will be ready for me to use. (That's in another menu to set.)

+1 for toggle!

K-H.

Jan 06, 2018 at 02:45 AM
djinn

p.28 #16 · p.28 #16 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

I'm seeing two versions of this adapter on eBay and Amazon:
"TECHART LM-EA7"
"TECHART LM-EA7 II"

Is there a difference? Thanks.

Jan 06, 2018 at 05:00 AM
udoo
• •
p.28 #17 · p.28 #17 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Wahoowa wrote:

Very helpful tip. Thanks Wahoowa.

Jan 06, 2018 at 08:14 AM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.28 #18 · p.28 #18 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

djinn wrote:
I'm seeing two versions of this adapter on eBay and Amazon:
"TECHART LM-EA7"
"TECHART LM-EA7 II"

Is there a difference? Thanks.

If the answer is yes, what is it?

K-H.

Jan 06, 2018 at 10:17 AM
genji
• • • •
p.28 #19 · p.28 #19 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

Well, the v6 update has definitely fixed the pulsating problem with the A7RIII and the autofocus seems fast and accurate.

As far as assigning a custom button to toggle between AF and MF, I'd suggest that the AF-ON button is both more logical and easier to reach than C4. I have the AF-ON button set to AF/MF Ctrl Toggle and the AEL button set to Eye AF.

Jan 06, 2018 at 08:23 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.28 #20 · p.28 #20 · Techart PRO LM-EA7 FAQ

genji wrote:
Well, the v6 update has definitely fixed the pulsating problem with the A7RIII and the autofocus seems fast and accurate.

As far as assigning a custom button to toggle between AF and MF, I'd suggest that the AF-ON button is both more logical and easier to reach than C4. I have the AF-ON button set to AF/MF Ctrl Toggle and the AEL button set to Eye AF.

Same here. All seems to be much better with the update.

Jan 06, 2018 at 08:57 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.