1       2       3              25      
       end

Techart PRO FAQ

nekrosoft13
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.26 #1 · p.26 #1 · Techart PRO FAQ

genji wrote:
What camera are you using? I've been very happy with the Techart TA-GA3 (Contax G to Sony E) autofocus adapter on the A7R2.

how do you contax g lenses?

Oct 04, 2017 at 05:18 PM
genji
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.26 #2 · p.26 #2 · Techart PRO FAQ

nehemiahphoto wrote:
I've owned one a couple times. I found the AF module (ported from the ancient a65) frustrating and insufficient for essentially anything moving. No EyeAF, loss of light and center focus only, not great on lowlight, plus its large. I typically have several lenses that are TAPable, so I'd prefer a m mount adapter. I also like the close focusing of the TAP. It's one of my most used aspects of it.

Thanks for the link Phillip. A bit pricey :/

I felt sure that the LA-EA4 would be a poor substitute for the TAP but, since I haven't used one, I was reluctant to make that assertion. Thanks for confirming my intuition.

Oct 05, 2017 at 12:58 AM
Charlie N
• • •
p.26 #3 · p.26 #3 · Techart PRO FAQ

nehemiahphoto wrote:
I've owned one a couple times. I found the AF module (ported from the ancient a65) frustrating and insufficient for essentially anything moving. No EyeAF, loss of light and center focus only, not great on lowlight, plus its large. I typically have several lenses that are TAPable, so I'd prefer a m mount adapter. I also like the close focusing of the TAP. It's one of my most used aspects of it.

Thanks for the link Phillip. A bit pricey :/

how would you control aperture?

TAP should be last resort IMO, when it moves the glass, it's not perfectly parallel, it's easy to get tilt. My first TAP had bad tilt, had to get another one, and still has mild tilt

Oct 05, 2017 at 02:08 AM
genji
• • •
p.26 #4 · p.26 #4 · Techart PRO FAQ

Charlie N wrote:
how would you control aperture?

TAP should be last resort IMO, when it moves the glass, it's not perfectly parallel, it's easy to get tilt. My first TAP had bad tilt, had to get another one, and still has mild tilt

The Kipon adapter I linked to has an aperture control ring.

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

foox

p.26 #5 · p.26 #5 · Techart PRO FAQ

Hello,
I am looking for the way to use fujica-x (early eighty Fuji reflex cameras) mount lenses with TAP. Any ideas or suggestions - welcome.. Help please?

Oct 06, 2017 at 04:26 PM
artur5
• • •
p.26 #6 · p.26 #6 · Techart PRO FAQ

I doubt very much that there’re adapters for Fuji-AX lenses to M mount cameras but I may be wrong. Anyway, I searched on Ebay right now and found none.
In all likelihood your only solution is a direct adapter for Fuji-AX to Sony-E, meaning that you won’t have AF.

Oct 06, 2017 at 04:58 PM
nekrosoft13
• •
p.26 #7 · p.26 #7 · Techart PRO FAQ

so I bought TAP, but now i'm thinking about returning it...

I read some stories that after few months it starts wobbling? that there is no support to hold the lens?

That it gets loose? design flaws?

Any input?

Oct 11, 2017 at 06:11 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.26 #8 · p.26 #8 · Techart PRO FAQ

nekrosoft13 wrote:
so I bought TAP, but now i'm thinking about returning it...

I read some stories that after few months it starts wobbling? that there is no support to hold the lens?

That it gets loose? design flaws?

Any input?

I would just enjoy the adapter and not worry too much about it. It could be a bigger issue when using heavy lenses with it but some members are using it for a while without problems. IMO, it's a design flaw but not such a big deal in practical terms as long as you don't need critical centering.

Oct 16, 2017 at 06:18 PM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password