1       2       3              23      
       25       26       27       end

Techart PRO FAQ

genji
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.24 #1 · p.24 #1 · Techart PRO FAQ

joanlvh wrote:
using my TAP and after working fine daily for several months, my ZM, Leica etc lenses will not shoot in AF, when I try to chg camera from Mf to AF it says lens not attached properly AF is not available. The" lens not attached properly has lasted all day", I have re attached the TAP and the lenses many times. Do u have any suggestions, thank u

Firstly I would try the adapter on a different camera body (if you have access to one) to determine whether the adapter is the problem or not. If it doesn't work on the second camera, I would reinstall the latest firmware.

Aug 02, 2017 at 11:22 PM
spicole

Upload & Sell: Off
p.24 #2 · p.24 #2 · Techart PRO FAQ

Does anyone know if development for the Techart Pro has been abandoned?

It seems to have been quite a while since any new info has been released.

Aug 28, 2017 at 10:08 PM
simonedf

p.24 #3 · p.24 #3 · Techart PRO FAQ

They keep posting on their Facebook page, so they are alive.

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.24 #4 · p.24 #4 · Techart PRO FAQ

spicole wrote:
Does anyone know if development for the Techart Pro has been abandoned?

It seems to have been quite a while since any new info has been released.

I just email my TechArt contact and got this answer:

"We are now working on a new medium format adapter project and once its finished, will shift the focus back to the TAPů. Stay tuned for a little while longer.."

Aug 30, 2017 at 02:19 PM
spicole

p.24 #5 · p.24 #5 · Techart PRO FAQ

Thank you for the update! If they're in the middle of developing something else, sounds like they could be a long while. The results I've been getting from the TAP have been good, but too inaccurate to use consistently. I still usually feel like I have to rely on manual focusing to get the keepers I really like. I hope a little while longer is accurate. Maybe, I'm doing something wrong, but is everyone else happy enough with the TAP to use it, and trust it, for most of their shots? Or is it more of a novelty? Sometimes, it does feel like nothing more than a cool novelty.

Aug 31, 2017 at 06:38 AM
artur5
• • •
p.24 #6 · p.24 #6 · Techart PRO FAQ

I hope that their new medium format adapter has been mechanically redesigned and it's way more stronger ad durable than the Techart Pro. If the current model is already prone to develop a wobble even with relatively light FF glass, I can't imagine what would happen with those heavy MF lenses

Aug 31, 2017 at 09:47 AM
genji
• • •
p.24 #7 · p.24 #7 · Techart PRO FAQ

spicole wrote:
Thank you for the update! If they're in the middle of developing something else, sounds like they could be a long while. The results I've been getting from the TAP have been good, but too inaccurate to use consistently. I still usually feel like I have to rely on manual focusing to get the keepers I really like. I hope a little while longer is accurate. Maybe, I'm doing something wrong, but is everyone else happy enough with the TAP to use it, and trust it, for most of their shots? Or is it more of a novelty? Sometimes, it
...Show more

I think one has to have realistic expectations of the TAP, in other words to accept that it can't magically coax native performance from manual focus lenses. I use mine with small and light lenses (50mm Leica M and LTM, 45mm Contax C/Y and Rokkor MD pancakes, a few Olympus OM lenses). I work within this limitation for two reasons: firstly, so I'm not expecting the TAP to move heavy lens elements back and forward; and secondly, because this enables me to photograph unobtrusively in public with lenses that are tiny in comparison to most native FE glass.

For stationary subjects I get accurate focus with Flexible Spot (M) and find that even in the late afternoon (which is when I prefer to photograph) Face Recognition works reliably. Far from being a cool novelty, I regard the TAP as an indispensable tool. I also use the Techart TA-GA3 with Contax G lenses for similar reasons.

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:10 AM
erekose

p.24 #8 · p.24 #8 · Techart PRO FAQ

genji wrote:
I think one has to have realistic expectations of the TAP, in other words to accept that it can't magically coax native performance from manual focus lenses. I use mine with small and light lenses (50mm Leica M and LTM, 45mm Contax C/Y and Rokkor MD pancakes, a few Olympus OM lenses). I work within this limitation for two reasons: firstly, so I'm not expecting the TAP to move heavy lens elements back and forward; and secondly, because this enables me to photograph unobtrusively in public with lenses that are tiny in comparison to most native FE glass.

For stationary subjects
...Show more

I second what genji says. I shoot landscapes and only use the TAP with my Contax 35-70mm f/3.4, which lead me to get the adapter. Thanks to the TAP, I do not have to fiddle anymore with zooming, focusing and rotating the polarizer at the same time ... I am now confident the polarizer stays put while the adapter nails the focus.

Aug 31, 2017 at 01:45 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.24 #9 · p.24 #9 · Techart PRO FAQ

It's better than a novelty but not as reliable as a system lens. I think that if and when TAP supports eye detection, it'll be killer. Right now I'm getting a decent keeper rate but more misses than I'd prefer with a Leica summilux M 50mm. The 35mm Summilux is much better. The 90mm f/2 is much worse, and since Sony has a terrific native lens in that range, I'll probably sell my 90 summicron and settle for the two Summiluxes. Might be me... or the adapter.

Sep 02, 2017 at 03:34 AM
genji
• • •
p.24 #10 · p.24 #10 · Techart PRO FAQ

Arka wrote:
It's better than a novelty but not as reliable as a system lens. I think that if and when TAP supports eye detection, it'll be killer. Right now I'm getting a decent keeper rate but more misses than I'd prefer with a Leica summilux M 50mm. The 35mm Summilux is much better. The 90mm f/2 is much worse, and since Sony has a terrific native lens in that range, I'll probably sell my 90 summicron and settle for the two Summiluxes. Might be me... or the adapter.

Yep, Eye AF support would be a lot more than just icing on the cake.

Sep 02, 2017 at 03:47 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeff Kott
• • •
p.24 #11 · p.24 #11 · Techart PRO FAQ

Arka wrote:

That makes sense - the wider the focal length and therefore the greater the lens' depth of field, the higher your hit rate. I guess that would be true of any focusing, whether manual or AF.

Totally agree about Eye AF.

Sep 02, 2017 at 03:56 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.24 #12 · p.24 #12 · Techart PRO FAQ

I have a weird problem with the TAP.
It works just fine on my A7RII, but when I mount it on my A7II it does nothing. The body doesn't recognize the adapter. Has anyone else seen this before?

Sep 08, 2017 at 11:17 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • •
p.24 #13 · p.24 #13 · Techart PRO FAQ

Jochenb wrote:
I have a weird problem with the TAP.
It works just fine on my A7RII, but when I mount it on my A7II it does nothing. The body doesn't recognize the adapter. Has anyone else seen this before?

I have the same problem on my A9 each time I switch off the camera.
Fix: Detach the TAP a bit and then reattach. Works like a champ on my A9.
No such issue on my A7r2.

K-H.

Sep 08, 2017 at 11:21 PM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.24 #14 · p.24 #14 · Techart PRO FAQ

k-h.a.w wrote:
I have the same problem on my A9 each time I switch off the camera.
Fix: Detach the TAP a bit and then reattach. Works like a champ on my A9.
No such issue on my A7r2.

K-H.

Doesn't work for my A7II. It never recognizes the TAP.

Sep 08, 2017 at 11:34 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • •
p.24 #15 · p.24 #15 · Techart PRO FAQ

Too bad!

Sep 08, 2017 at 11:35 PM
spicole

p.24 #16 · p.24 #16 · Techart PRO FAQ

Just visited the Tech Art Pro website and it says it's under construction. Does that mean the company went under?

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:16 PM
genji
• • •
p.24 #17 · p.24 #17 · Techart PRO FAQ

spicole wrote:
Just visited the Tech Art Pro website and it says it's under construction. Does that mean the company went under?

Avada is the name of a theme for WordPress so I think it's more likely that they're in the process of switching to a WordPress-based website.

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:16 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.24 #18 · p.24 #18 · Techart PRO FAQ

genji wrote:
Avada is the name of a theme for WordPress so I think it's more likely that they're in the process of switching to a WordPress-based website.

It's been like that for a couple days. I hope it's just a server issue.

http://techartpro.com

Sep 18, 2017 at 01:19 AM
genji
• • •
p.24 #19 · p.24 #19 · Techart PRO FAQ

techartpro.com is up and running again and a quick look at the source code reveals that I was correct: they are now running the site on WordPress. Confusingly, the home page still says Under Construction but the navigation is fully functional.

Sep 18, 2017 at 06:51 AM
genji
• • •
p.24 #20 · p.24 #20 · Techart PRO FAQ

FM member techartpro just posted this in another thread:

We are revamping the website for the launch of a new item so its a bit unstable lately... Should be fine soon!

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:16 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password