FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Gitzo Tripod

la puffin
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Gitzo Tripod

kedan wrote:
My company is actually ventured into Making tripods. This has been under development for over a year now. We have shipped some and have very happy users. Another batch will be ready in under 4 weeks. This one is a beast. With Legs of 42mm and loads of over 100 pounds.

Let me know what you guys think about this tripod.

77.5" tall? Wow, I would've bought one. I just bought an older Gitzo GT5541, but I already wish it was taller.

Oct 28, 2016 at 08:47 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Gitzo Tripod

Gitzo makes taller tripods and so do others. You can also get a center column for the Systematic tripods.

EBH

Oct 30, 2016 at 08:08 AM
jbaduini

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Gitzo Tripod

Maybe this isn't well known, but with the right leg sizes, you can combine sections of multiple Gitzo tripods. For example, I can remove the bottom two sections of my GT2542S and swap them for the bottom section of my GT4552TS. Now the GT4552TS goes really high and isn't much longer when folded.

As far as I can tell this works with lots of different Gitzo models, you just need to check the leg diameter size. It's really handy if like me, you see the need to own multiple tripods for different uses.

Oct 30, 2016 at 11:13 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.