New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2016 · CPS Platinum Gift

drew.bowser
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CPS Platinum Gift

Whats the current CPS platinum Gift right now? I know they change them it seems like every year or two...

If I missed it in the search results - Sorry!

Sep 26, 2016 at 04:24 PM
dallvr
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CPS Platinum Gift

I don't think I got anything after my last renewal. In the past I have gotten books with all Canon's lenses featured, soft lens cloth type lens bags, back and body caps.

Sep 26, 2016 at 04:49 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CPS Platinum Gift

I just renewed two weeks ago (Platinum) and I didn't get any freebies. They're not sending cards out anymore either — the letter instructs you to keep your existing one.

Sep 26, 2016 at 04:55 PM
riokid
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CPS Platinum Gift

IIRC freebies are only sent on the first year of your Gold or Platinum membership. Renewals only get mailing labels

Sep 26, 2016 at 05:07 PM
drew.bowser
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CPS Platinum Gift

Well, its a new account one for my company. Anyone? Ha! Canon is being cheap it looks like...

Sep 27, 2016 at 09:32 AM
pmartin4665
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CPS Platinum Gift

CPS-branded ThinkTank Artificial Intelligence 15 V3.0 laptop case along with the usual stuff (lens caps, etc.) . . . nice slim profile that allows me to carry my MBA along with cables, etc.

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:20 AM
Chris Cooke
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · CPS Platinum Gift

I got a CPS Think Tank Artificial Intelligence bag and 2 CPS straps
nothing too exciting. I was hoping for a new card wallet since mine is pretty worn out.

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:56 AM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · CPS Platinum Gift

I'm a Platinum member and Canon Canada gives you Canon Reward points to redeem toward Canon swag.

I really don't think Canon is cheap just being smart. I'm sure the minute the CPS program becomes overhead, CPS is done.

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:12 AM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · CPS Platinum Gift

They also used to include Optech neck straps with the CPS logo on it. I have accumulated a few of these.

Db

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:26 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · CPS Platinum Gift

I just ordered my CPS Canada renewal gifts. My Gold membership gives me 10 points, which I redeemed for (i) 5x CPS monogrammed micro fibre cloths, (ii) a CPS iPhone arm band, (iii) a CPS card holder (wallet) with RF protection (they call it RFID protection ).

Sep 28, 2016 at 08:45 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · CPS Platinum Gift

jcolwell wrote:
I just ordered my CPS Canada renewal gifts. My Gold membership gives me 10 points, which I redeemed for (i) 5x CPS monogrammed micro fibre cloths, (ii) a CPS iPhone arm band, (iii) a CPS card holder (wallet) with RF protection (they call it RFID protection ).

That's not a bad haul, James .

Sep 28, 2016 at 08:49 AM
JohnBrose
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · CPS Platinum Gift

it's amazing to me when companies penalize customers for staying with them versus incentives for new customers. They don't give anything for renewing for gold either. Used to be a strap, some caps, Canon lens books, cps magazine subscriptions and one time i got a monopod wrap.

Sep 28, 2016 at 09:05 AM
dhachey
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · CPS Platinum Gift

I don't recall getting anything last year for renewing my platinum membership. Personally, I'd rather they just give out a free service/repair instead of useless trinkets. BTW, CPS is among the finest membership services of its kind and a great reason to stay with Canon.

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:58 AM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · CPS Platinum Gift

dhachey wrote:
Personally, I'd rather they just give out a free service/repair instead of useless trinkets. BTW, CPS is among the finest membership services of its kind and a great reason to stay with Canon.

I'm stoked to get cleanings of the gear and evaluations for the price of admission to the Gold membership. First they sent me a 5DsR and 135mm f/2L to evaluate. Tomorrow i'm getting a 1Dx and 200mm f/2L IS to evaluate. Totally worth it...who cares about the "gifts" or lack thereof?

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:30 AM
Adam Jones

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · CPS Platinum Gift

Max_Pain wrote:
I'm stoked to get cleanings of the gear and evaluations for the price of admission to the Gold membership. First they sent me a 5DsR and 135mm f/2L to evaluate. Tomorrow i'm getting a 1Dx and 200mm f/2L IS to evaluate. Totally worth it...who cares about the "gifts" or lack thereof?

That return shipping stings, though!

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:46 AM
adamx12m
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · CPS Platinum Gift

Adam Jones wrote:

With Platinum, I think it would be funny to call CPS for a shipping label to return there own equipment you borrowed instead of your own for repair.

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:01 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · CPS Platinum Gift

Adam Jones wrote:

Does it? LensRentals.com shows that the 1Dx + 200mm f/2L IS for four days would cost me about $467. And that's 4 days only. I'm going to have the CPS gear for twice that time, and it won't cost me even half that much to return it!

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:05 PM
joel dowling
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · CPS Platinum Gift

I just received my Platinum gifts - two sets of body / lens caps, a ThinkTank laptop sleeve, and two branded OpTech camera straps. Ho hum.

The shipping savings are where the rubber meets the road, though. I still wouldn't mind some other unexpected swag.

Oct 03, 2016 at 11:25 AM
bootster
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · CPS Platinum Gift

If I wanted to send them a camera body and lens for cleaning/calibrating, how would I go about shipping it to them? Call them and get a shipping label, or just pack it in a box and send it with insurance? I am unclear on the terms of use when they pay return shipping or not. I have the Gold membership.

I found the form at the bottom of the page, but I am not clear whether you have to call you before beginning a repair. I saw that it has to be over $450 before the credit card becomes an issue.

Oct 03, 2016 at 08:43 PM
Daniel Smith
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · CPS Platinum Gift

drew.bowser wrote:
Well, its a new account one for my company. Anyone? Ha! Canon is being cheap it looks like...

Definitely!

Upgrade from the Gold account and they don't even credit your previous payment to the upgrade.

Greedy suckers.

Oct 04, 2016 at 07:12 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.