FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Rockies - Bow Lake

chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rockies - Bow Lake

I haven't had the opportunity this fall to head to the Rockies so I've been digging up some images from years gone by that were shot in September. Here are a few from Bow Lake from a couple years ago just about when the colours were really turning...mid September.

The nice thing about shooting sunrise at Bow Lake is that there is a nice lodge right at the lake that serves up a mean breakfast...makes getting up early for the shoot a little more bearable.

Harry

Sep 25, 2016 at 08:59 PM
dwa652
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rockies - Bow Lake

These are outstanding! Number 2 is my favorite.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:05 PM
dbehrens
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rockies - Bow Lake

Definitely #2 for me as well (but wish it had the sky of #1). Dave

Sep 26, 2016 at 01:01 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rockies - Bow Lake

Hi Harry,

Cool shots here, I really like #2, that is a very nice composition. #3 looks good all except for the sky, there is something odd happening in it with that blob of darker sky in the middle of it.

Jim

Sep 26, 2016 at 01:22 AM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rockies - Bow Lake

Very nice set Harry. #2 here as well just needs about a 2 degree CW turn to get level.

Sep 26, 2016 at 01:38 AM
junglialoh
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Rockies - Bow Lake

Very professional artistic work

Sep 26, 2016 at 05:50 AM
quickking
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Rockies - Bow Lake

They are all quite nice. I'm going to go with the first. The light on the top of the mountain and the sky does it for me. I would consider cloning out that tiny bit of branch in the lower right corner. Very nice set...Kevin

Sep 26, 2016 at 07:06 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Rockies - Bow Lake

Bow Lake is my favorite among those many lakes in Canadian Rockies. Bow Lake ia one good reason I am going there in December 3rd, my seventh visit to the area.
Harry, you do have very interesting shots here with colorful fall leaves there. Thank you!

Sep 26, 2016 at 07:13 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Rockies - Bow Lake

Kee Woo Rhee wrote:
Bow Lake is my favorite among those many lakes in Canadian Rockies. Bow Lake ia one good reason I am going there in December 3rd, my seventh visit to the area.
Harry, you do have very interesting shots here with colorful fall leaves there. Thank you!

Care needs to be taken at this lake, especially when you arrive in the dark as I've seen Grizzly bears at this location multiple times. They'll leave you alone as long as you don't surprisingly walk upon them in the dark.

Sep 26, 2016 at 09:52 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Rockies - Bow Lake

Scott Kroeker wrote:
Very nice set Harry. #2 here as well just needs about a 2 degree CW turn to get level.

Yes, good catch. Thanks Scott.

Sep 26, 2016 at 09:55 AM
Brad Williams
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Rockies - Bow Lake

Nice set Chez. Other than the crooked horizon line, I think #2 has the best comp. However the sky in #2 just ruins it for me.

Sep 26, 2016 at 02:43 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.