FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

Hebert Lake...such an easy place to get to...such a wonderful morning sunrise location.

I've shot this lake many times and have many great experiences...but the one that really sticks in my mind was this one summer when I got there early to shoot the sunrise with my Pentax 6x7 outfit. I setup the camera onto the tripod and was busy looking into the "hood" viewfinder, trying to line up the composition when I looked up and roughly 20 feet from me a black bear was busy eating dandelions along the road, not even knowing I was so close. I clapped my hands together, yelled at the bear and it got onto it's hind legs, looked at me for a moment and took off across the road breaking branches as it scaled the hillside.

Just wonder how things would have worked out if I didn't look up from my viewfinder and the bear just kept coming closer, oblivious of me as it ate it's breakfast of dandelions.

Harry

Sep 24, 2016 at 07:13 PM
CheechzeppLn
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

What a great view, was this particular shot done with the Pentax? The colors are perfect all over the frame. Everything about this photo is awesome. Alpen glow on the tops of the mountains, cloudless blue sky with an excellent moon accent. Still waters in front of you giving that morning calmness. Enough light to show the lakeside trees and details. Home run in my book, glad the bear didn't eat you earlier this summer. Otherwise you wouldn't have been able to share this gem.

Charlie

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:08 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

The small ripples in the water add so much to the image. Excellent photo!

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:21 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

CheechzeppLn wrote:
What a great view, was this particular shot done with the Pentax? The colors are perfect all over the frame. Everything about this photo is awesome. Alpen glow on the tops of the mountains, cloudless blue sky with an excellent moon accent. Still waters in front of you giving that morning calmness. Enough light to show the lakeside trees and details. Home run in my book, glad the bear didn't eat you earlier this summer. Otherwise you wouldn't have been able to share this gem.

Charlie

Charlie, this image was shot with a 5d2. I sold my Pentax 6x7 outfit as it was just too big a beast to pack around the Rockies. I love the photos I got from those big negatives, but the weight and bulk of the 6x7 along with 3 lenses was just too much.

Sep 25, 2016 at 08:15 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

Hi Harry,

This is a very nice view you have. The pano works perfectly here. And I am glad the bear didn't end up snacking on you.

Jim

Sep 25, 2016 at 08:48 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

Wonderful reflection.

David

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:05 PM
bill s
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

Can't stop looking at this un-bear-ably beautiful image.

Sep 27, 2016 at 03:05 AM
Ton Hung
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

very nice

Sep 27, 2016 at 07:57 AM
JHerb

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

Very nice pic. Love the lake.

Sep 29, 2016 at 06:41 PM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

You have captured the pristine majesty of the lake's morning glory in its rich and colourful fullness.

Sep 30, 2016 at 06:40 AM
JohanEickmeyer
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

I totally get a sense of how this place sounds, which is strange and a good sign of excellent job done in conveying the scene.

Sep 30, 2016 at 09:35 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

Thanks all for your feedback. The lake is so easy to access yet still has that pristine feel to it. Many morning there is a thin layer of fog sitting just above the lake adding some drama. I shoot here just about every time I make a trip to thenRockies.

Sep 30, 2016 at 08:22 PM
Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canadian Rockies - Hebert Lake

A lovely scene and quite a remarkable encounter that I'm sure makes this one memorable image. Very nicely done!

Oct 01, 2016 at 01:12 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.