New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Website critique!

nkampfender

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Website critique!

I was told to post this here for some honest/harsh feedback. So let me have it.....

Hi All,

My name is Nicholas Kamp Fender, I am graduating from Auburn in December and have put together a website to use as a portfolio in my current job search.
If you have a second I'm asking for a quick critique of the site (photos used, thoughts on bio, what it could benefit from, what should be trashed).

Kampfender.com
Anything would be a great help, Thanks.

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:44 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Website critique!

I'm surprised that no one has commented on this. I provided my feedback to the OP elsewhere, and suggested this young man come here for further input from those who might be a bit closer to certain trends, vs. classic, etc. than I am.

I told him that the feedback might be harsh, but I never expected he would receive no feedback at all from fellow FM'ers.

That said, here's a bump to hopefully jump start some input for this young man. Hey, we were all there once.

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:01 PM
Tom In Arizona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Website critique!

Hi Kamp...

Sorry I missed your post a couple of months ago, and thanks to Kent for adding a bump.

First, Kent provided some excellent critique and advice, and rather than elaborate on this comments, I'll provide a link for others who want to see Kent's remarks:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1452075/0#13737777

I would add that you should start updating your Blog page. That is one of the first areas I go to when looking at web sites. It gives prospective clients an inside look at your photography and what you're inspiration, challenges, and thoughts were about a particular set of photos. Also, I'd look at revising your About page to concentrate on your photography. The first paragraph about family is probably not needed for a professional bio. The second paragraph is good since it describes your work. I'd also rethink and retake your photo. It looks like you're living out of your van as opposed to wanting to pursue a professional career.

Hope this helps and good luck in your future endeavors.

Tom

Nov 22, 2016 at 02:56 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.