FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Luray Carverns

CheechzeppLn
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Luray Carverns

While visiting Shenandoah NP this past July we managed to stop by Luray Caverns. I whole-heartedly recommend visiting this place if you are in the shenandoah valley. It truly is an amazing place, the walk through the cavern is about a mile and half if memory serves me right. One more thing, bring your tripod

Dream Lake
by Charles Romano, on Flickr

Sheet Rock
by Charles Romano, on Flickr

Charlie

Edited on Sep 26, 2016 at 11:54 AM · View previous versions

Sep 23, 2016 at 05:13 PM
ArturS
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Luray Carverns

A lot of spectacular shapes here. It is rare to see cave photos these days.

Sep 23, 2016 at 06:23 PM
CheechzeppLn
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Luray Carverns

Thanks for your comment Arthur, I'm glad you liked it. There was so much to shoot here that I was disappointed I didn't have the whole day to compose down there. It was the last day of our trip to Shenandoah NP and we still had a 6 + hour trip back to Long Island NY. Another sad note was my Sony a900 had the mirror fall off only a few hours prior while shooting in the park. I was forced to shoot my a700 which is a crop sensor compared with the full frame. Not the end of the world but I wasn't able to shoot as wide as I would have liked. I was very grateful I had another camera at my disposal though. By the way, I love your work. Keep on shooting.

Charlie

Sep 24, 2016 at 10:42 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.