Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · World Rhino Day (new photo added)

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · World Rhino Day (new photo added)

My almost 2 year old granddaughter can say "rhinoceros" but I wonder if by the time she is old enough to visit them in the wild if there will be any left to see. Imagine if there were no bald eagles flying high...it almost happened until we took action!
Eric

Sorry guys, I'm removing these shots...there is something definitely off on the site...the photos which appear very sharp on my computer (an in fact have been blown up 20x30) are quite soft when posted....not sure what the issue might be. I'll bring them back at some point.
Eric

Ok, so here is another image...let's see if this shows up better...

https://photos.smugmug.com/Nature/Botswana-2004/i-dVVTgfM/0/X2/IMG_0587whiterhinoAlr-X2.jpg

Edited on Sep 22, 2016 at 07:51 AM · View previous versions

Sep 22, 2016 at 06:49 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · World Rhino Day (new photo added)

Impressive shots Eric!

Sep 22, 2016 at 07:03 AM
jdc562
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · World Rhino Day (new photo added)

Regarding your sharpness concerns, this one looks fine to me (on a Dell 27" hi res monitor). Maybe what you saw is your monitor having an aliasing problem with FM's pixel arrangement? (This could be tested by slightly altering the pixel setting.) The rhinos in FM's "View previous versions" also look quite sharp on my monitor. All the images are very nice captures and compositions; however, the color balance on some (but not all) of the "previous versions" is way off--much too reddish: #1 looks perfect; #'s 4 and 6 are the most off--looks like the blues are almost missing. The others are somewhat in between. Is it possible you had the white balance on the camera or post-processor accidentally set to something like "fluorescent" or the blue slider cranked too low? (Just guesses.) Maybe it's the same red problem that afflicted the puma shot? (Just another guess.)

Sep 22, 2016 at 03:07 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · World Rhino Day (new photo added)

This shot is very nice Eric. The other shots look sharp to me, but the colors are off on some as mentioned ~ Ron

Sep 22, 2016 at 03:13 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · World Rhino Day (new photo added)

jdc562 wrote:
Regarding your sharpness concerns, this one looks fine to me (on a Dell 27" hi res monitor). Maybe what you saw is your monitor having an aliasing problem with FM's pixel arrangement? (This could be tested by slightly altering the pixel setting.) The rhinos in FM's "View previous versions" also look quite sharp on my monitor. All the images are very nice captures and compositions; however, the color balance on some (but not all) of the "previous versions" is way off--much too reddish: #1 looks perfect; #'s 4 and 6 are the most off--looks like the blues are almost missing.
...Show more

Thanks for the thoughts....the images in "previous version" are actually from 2006 and not reprocessed since....the last ones were taken late in the day...golden hour whilst the earlier ones at least an hour before, and are actually pretty true if I compare to video and photos taken by my not color challenged son....of course, after 10 years my memory may be a bit off. Thanks for all your comments and constructive criticism.
Eric

Sep 22, 2016 at 03:16 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · World Rhino Day (new photo added)

Eric I looked at previous and what marvelous shots . This and the others are very nice.

Birdie

Sep 22, 2016 at 06:58 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.