FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Bean Fields

SargentRay
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bean Fields

Just wanted to test my recently acquired Rokinon 12mm out in the field (Literally)...

1-)

Rokinon 12mm Sony A6000 1/125th sec f 16

2-)

Rokinon 12mm Sony A6000 1/125th sec f 16

Sep 21, 2016 at 06:05 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bean Fields

Hi Ray,

These look very nice, especially #2, I really like the look of it.

And thanks for not including the 12mm in the title, we aren't a gear forum and yet occasionally people still list the gear in the title. Mentioning that you were trying out a 12mm lens in the thread itself like you did is perfect.

Jim

Sep 21, 2016 at 06:25 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bean Fields

I really like #2. Great colors and comp with the errant stalk of corn.

David

Sep 21, 2016 at 09:04 PM
SargentRay
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bean Fields

JimFox wrote:
Hi Ray,

These look very nice, especially #2, I really like the look of it.

And thanks for not including the 12mm in the title, we aren't a gear forum and yet occasionally people still list the gear in the title. Mentioning that you were trying out a 12mm lens in the thread itself like you did is perfect.

Jim

Thank's Jim, i wasn't aware including gear denomination in the tittle was frowned upon here, but come to think of it, it makes perfect sense. I only mentioned it to sort of explain why my shots can't be as sharp with an APS-C camera and a poor man's wide angle lens. Not trying to make up excuses but kind of my way of asking to be gentle with me. I have next to no experience with landscapes pictures altogether.

But since i went on my first trip ever this summer and took some decent pictures with the kit lens it sortta got me hooked on landscapes now. I'm planning to improve my skills (especially composition) for now but later next year if the passion for nature shots is till there i plan on moving to full frame with decent lenses and filters.

I discovered being outdoors trying to solve exposure and composition problems bring me a great sense of peace.

Sep 22, 2016 at 06:31 AM
SargentRay
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bean Fields

dgdg wrote:
I really like #2. Great colors and comp with the errant stalk of corn.

David

Thank's to you too dgdg, after analyzing tons of landscape shots here, it seemed like having 3 planes of interest was the way to go. So i tried to do just that in my shots despite a slowly dying summer here. But it was one heck of a summer let me tell ya, heat and sunshine here like we never had before. Although i like gloomy days too as i find the skies so expressive, especially in B&W.

Again thank's for the comment.

Sep 22, 2016 at 06:36 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.