FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Wandering the forest

Smousefam5
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wandering the forest

Some shots from around the area where I live on the Kenai Peninsula. None turned out exactly as I had hoped and some deficiencies were spotted immediately once they made it to the computer. I still enjoy them though and will continue to learn as I go.

Thanks for looking!

Forest_mushroom1 by smousefam5, on Flickr

Nikon D7000 Tokina 11-16 16mm f/2.8 ISO 400 1/125

Forest_Floor1 by smousefam5, on Flickr

Nikon D7000 Tokina 11-16 11mm f/2.8 ISO 400 1/25

Lone_Pine1 by smousefam5, on Flickr

Nikon D7000 Nikon 55-300 VR 55mm f/9 ISO 400 1/1250

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:58 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wandering the forest

Very nice captures. I think #1 has great potential. Would, have you considered cropping tighter? The "sroom" and grass underneath are outstanding. I like #3 also

Sep 21, 2016 at 03:33 PM
Smousefam5
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wandering the forest

Ted ellis wrote:
Very nice captures. I think #1 has great potential. Would, have you considered cropping tighter? The "sroom" and grass underneath are outstanding. I like #3 also

Thank you! I am wishing I would have taken the shot at 11mm instead of 16mm as I really wanted to set off the mushroom from the forest. I should have shot at a little smaller aperture (maybe f/4?) for a little more depth of field. Too bad it is raining today or I would go find it and try again!

I will try a little tighter crop, though. I can see where that might give a better look to what is there.

Sep 21, 2016 at 03:48 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.