Upload & Sell: On
p.63 #1 · p.63 #1 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar for $999

My problem is that I'm a lens pig

Jan 19, 2018 at 03:58 AM
philber
• • • • • •
p.63 #2 · p.63 #2 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar for $999

That's why I am (so far) not getting this lens. Don't over-feed the pig! . What would get me over the hump is the forthcoming 35 f:1.4 if it is really good. Then I would get both as a "lighter kit".

Jan 19, 2018 at 06:26 AM
offtraildog

p.63 #3 · p.63 #3 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar for $999

I also have the Vello extenders and they feel solid when on the body and the lens feels solid on the extenders. They work well with the 65/2 which l recently bought from cameraquest. Very happy with the in-hand feel of the lens and results (and the 40 as well)

Jan 21, 2018 at 01:39 AM
Chris_88
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.63 #4 · p.63 #4 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar for $999

I've sold mine, because I've found that it rarely leaves its place on my shelf, which is a pity, because its an amazing lens. However, for casual shooting I prefer the 55 1.8 and when I'm on a dedicated photo trip I prefer the smaller footprint of the Loxia lenses and the 90 Elmarit. I might get the Loxia 50 as a sort of replacement, though.

CV makes nice lenses, but unfortunately they never grow on me. The same happened with the CV 35 1.2. I hope the CV 180 finds a more lasting place in my bag.

Jan 21, 2018 at 01:54 AM
DavidBM
• • • •
p.63 #5 · p.63 #5 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar for $999

Chris_88 wrote:
I've sold mine, because I've found that it rarely leaves its place on my shelf, which is a pity, because its an amazing lens. However, for casual shooting I prefer the 55 1.8 and when I'm on a dedicated photo trip I prefer the smaller footprint of the Loxia lenses and the 90 Elmarit. I might get the Loxia 50 as a sort of replacement, though.

CV makes nice lenses, but unfortunately they never grow on me. The same happened with the CV 35 1.2. I hope the CV 180 finds a more lasting place in my bag.

The Lox 50 is something that I have kept even though I have the 65 just for these purposes.
It's pretty much as good, and similar in look, stopped down, but of course does not shine in the same way at wider apertures.

I'd love to see a L50 Mk II. The L50 is great, but it's an older simple double gauss. Maybe the apotheosis of the simple double gauss, but one of them nonetheless. I'm sure it's within their powers to make something like the Leica APO-summicron 2/50 for less money (and maybe even better). That could be as good as the Apo Lanthar, but without macro and in the L50 form factor.

Jan 21, 2018 at 02:06 AM
1       2       3              62      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              62      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password