FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              57      
       59              82       83       end

Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

Driftwood

Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #1 · p.58 #1 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

formula4speed wrote:
FYI, Adorama has the 65mm lens on sale for Black Friday, down to $899. If you are on the fence, this could be the time to get your hands on one.

Great time to buy this lens!

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:07 AM
kotmj

p.58 #2 · p.58 #2 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

I wonder if Cosina had a native German speaker check the naming of this lens. I think it should have been called Makro-Apo-Lanthar, not Macro Apo-Lanthar.

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:53 AM
DavidBM
• • • • •
p.58 #3 · p.58 #3 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

kotmj wrote:
I wonder if Cosina had a native German speaker check the naming of this lens. I think it should have been called Makro-Apo-Lanthar, not Macro Apo-Lanthar.

I think Cosina have largely given up on the German heritage of the Voigtländer brand.
For one thing the EXIF always describes them as Voigtlander rather than Voigtländer (though the front ring still is spelled Voigtländer)

Nov 27, 2017 at 01:05 AM
Phillip Reeve
• • • •
p.58 #4 · p.58 #4 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

kotmj wrote:

CV also names their lenses as "Asphercial" not "asphärisch" and "Wide" not "weit" so they seem to take the German heritage thing less serious than Zeiss.

Nov 27, 2017 at 01:36 AM
Luvwine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #5 · p.58 #5 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

Two from Florence yesterday with this great lens (cross posted from FE images thread):

Nov 27, 2017 at 02:33 AM
lightskyland
• • •
p.58 #6 · p.58 #6 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

Wow Stephen! Great images from a beautiful place.

I think my wife would love a trip to Italy too...

Nov 27, 2017 at 08:11 AM
Luvwine
• • • •
p.58 #7 · p.58 #7 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

lightskyland wrote:
Wow Stephen! Great images from a beautiful place.

I think my wife would love a trip to Italy too...

Thanks for your kind words! Italy is amazing so long as you don't mind great food and amazing art, architecture, and scenery of all kinds. Only bad thing is that a place like Florence can get very crowded. Off season is best to me.

Nov 27, 2017 at 09:23 AM
kotmj

p.58 #8 · p.58 #8 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

Phillip Reeve wrote:
CV also names their lenses as "Asphercial" not "asphärisch" and "Wide" not "weit" so they seem to take the German heritage thing less serious than Zeiss.

I found the Nokton 50/1.5 to be pretty German. The engravings use the comma as decimal point unlike the V65 which uses the period. In the German-speaking regions, the comma is used as decimal point.

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:15 PM
bjornthun
• • • •
p.58 #9 · p.58 #9 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

kotmj wrote:
I found the Nokton 50/1.5 to be pretty German. The engravings use the comma as decimal point unlike the V65 which uses the period. In the German-speaking regions, the comma is used as decimal point.

The comma is used as decimal point in Scandinavia, which isn't German speaking, and I think also in many other European countries. Except for Sami, the Scandinavian languages are Germanic.

"Nokton" is spelled with a "k" making it a bit more German, assuming that "Nocton" would be the English spelling.

Nov 27, 2017 at 01:29 PM
Phillip Reeve
• • • •
p.58 #10 · p.58 #10 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

kotmj wrote:

Interesting. My FE 1,8/55 ZA and my CY Zeiss lenses use a comma as well. My CV 1.7/35 VM uses a point. Leica uses a dot as well.

Nov 27, 2017 at 02:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Phillip Reeve
• • • •
p.58 #11 · p.58 #11 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

bjornthun wrote:
The comma is used as decimal point in Scandinavia, which isn't German speaking, and I think also in many other European countries. Except for Sami, the Scandinavian languages are Germanic.

"Nokton" is spelled with a "k" making it a bit more German, assuming that "Nocton" would be the English spelling.

Nokton sounds pretty Noctilux inspired to me and Nocton would have been too obious. I think Noktilux would sound much more German by the way

Nov 27, 2017 at 02:37 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.58 #12 · p.58 #12 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

Luvwine wrote:

Two from Florence yesterday with this great lens (cross posted from FE images thread):

http://a4.pbase.com/o10/91/505291/1/166630585.wFfxH4Xu._DSC5536.jpg

http://a4.pbase.com/o10/91/505291/1/166630586.62hKGfJw._DSC5541.jpg

You got some nice skies in Florence. Congrats on the captures!

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:49 AM
Luvwine
• • • •
p.58 #13 · p.58 #13 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

Fred Miranda wrote:
You got some nice skies in Florence. Congrats on the captures!

Thanks Fred! Yes, I have been to Piazalle Michaelangelo many times, but usually the sky is boring and/or the atmosphere hazy. This was a rare night to me as it had rained that day making the atmosphere clear, but there were still clouds enough to get some good light. The sun sets far away from the Duomo this time of the year—far To the left. In July I think the sun is closest to the Duomo when it sets, but I cannot imagine how bad the crowds would be then (nor the heat)! I was very happy we got what we did. I think this may have been the best light I have personally seen from there.

Edited on Nov 30, 2017 at 04:12 AM · View previous versions

Nov 28, 2017 at 01:56 AM
Luvwine
• • • •
p.58 #14 · p.58 #14 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

Luvwine wrote:
Fred Miranda wrote:
Thanks Fred! Yes, I have been to Piazalle Michaelangelo many times, but usually the sky is boring and/or the atmosphere hazy. This was a rare night to me as it had rained that day making the atmosphere was clear, but there were still clouds enough to get some good light. The sun sets far away from the Duomo this time of the year—far To the left. In July I think the sun is closest to the Duomo when it sets, but I cannot imagine how bad the crowds would be then (nor the heat)! I was very happy
...Show more

Nov 28, 2017 at 01:57 AM
kaioyang
• •
p.58 #15 · p.58 #15 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

Luvwine wrote:
Thanks Fred! Yes, I have been to Piazalle Michaelangelo many times, but usually the sky is boring and/or the atmosphere hazy. This was a rare night to me as it had rained that day making the atmosphere was clear, but there were still clouds enough to get some good light. The sun sets far away from the Duomo this time of the year—far To the left. In July I think the sun is closest to the Duomo when it sets, but I cannot imagine how bad the crowds would be then (nor the heat)! I was very happy we got
...Show more

Yes. the sun set too left at this time of the year. I found that there is one spot at the Piazzle that is really photographer friendly. I can put 2 legs of my tripod out where people can't stand on and also the view is not blocked by anyone and I just stand behind the 3rd leg to shoot. ->
here

Nov 28, 2017 at 03:31 AM
philber
• • • • • •
p.58 #16 · p.58 #16 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

Kai, I can't seem to see your pic...

Nov 28, 2017 at 03:54 AM
kaioyang
• •
p.58 #17 · p.58 #17 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

philber wrote:
Kai, I can't seem to see your pic...

Click on the "here" link in the post. I don't have upload rights here...

Nov 28, 2017 at 03:57 AM
philber
• • • • • •
p.58 #18 · p.58 #18 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

I see it now, thanks!

Nov 28, 2017 at 04:45 AM
Luvwine
• • • •
p.58 #19 · p.58 #19 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

kaioyang wrote:
Yes. the sun set too left at this time of the year. I found that there is one spot at the Piazzle that is really photographer friendly. I can put 2 legs of my tripod out where people can't stand on and also the view is not blocked by anyone and I just stand behind the 3rd leg to shoot. ->
here

I have shot from San Miniato and from near where your pic shows, but on This trip, I decided to shoot from the road below. You can see some people in your shot—the extreme left edge—who are standing near where I was. There are pros and cons from each place. No matter where you stand, it is a sweet location.

Nov 28, 2017 at 05:07 AM
kaioyang
• •
p.58 #20 · p.58 #20 · Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar

Luvwine wrote:
I have shot from San Miniato and from near where your pic shows, but on This trip, I decided to shoot from the road below. You can see some people in your shot—the extreme left edge—who are standing near where I was. There are pros and cons from each place. No matter where you stand, it is a sweet location.

Quite so. I noted that at the top of the Piazzle, no matter where you stand, there is someone else putting their selfie sticks in front of you to take a shot. That's why I went for the location I had, a little far away from the crowd. I also tried to shoot from Boboli Gardens but the view is not as good. will try Via San Miniato next trip, whenever it is.

Nov 28, 2017 at 05:49 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.