FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · artist vs salesman - or, get the right client

heikoM
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · artist vs salesman - or, get the right client

swainsons wrote:
Well, same with madam bride that likes your style but could not give a hoot about your artistic needs.

Good luck

maybe she likes my style because if have artistic needs...

heiko

Sep 21, 2016 at 07:55 AM
TheyCallMeJ
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · artist vs salesman - or, get the right client

Funny you say that Glort because I also wrote a reply, only to delete it after. No doubt it will upset many here so it is better if I just forget about it.

I genuinely feel it comes down to this: We are here on FM, a community of photographers and I sense that many seek validation or acceptance among their peers, nothing wrong with that. Having said that, clients look at photography differently. It is crucial to remind ourselves who are the ones writing the cheques and who are we shooting for.

Sep 21, 2016 at 08:12 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · artist vs salesman - or, get the right client

Ok, a photographer just books weddings to shoot JUST as the he/she wants, likes, ... not shooting AT ALL anything he/she doesnt like, want, ... The purest art one can possible shoot, the B&G accept it, love it, want it, pay for it, sign it, then during the wedding day the PRO may be asked by the Mother of the bride, sister, grand mather, etc, to shoot this or that, which the PRO doesnt shoot and say NO, and dont shoot it.

- Arrogant
- Bad user (Family and friends) experience.
- And many more.

Going to a wedding to just do as you please (nobody tells you a thing/ ask you for a photo) is utterly misunderstading this job !

Sep 21, 2016 at 08:32 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · artist vs salesman - or, get the right client

Why are so shy, guys?

We have a discussion here, donīt we?

Whatever you say may not please me, but I am not here to be pleased. I want to hear other opinions, only so you can learn and finally grow.

I would like to hear what glort and theycallmej have to say.

heiko

Sep 21, 2016 at 08:41 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · artist vs salesman - or, get the right client

jmraso wrote:
Ok, a photographer just books weddings to shoot JUST as the he/she wants, likes, ... not shooting AT ALL anything he/she doesnt like, want, ... The purest art one can possible shoot, the B&G accept it, love it, want it, pay for it, sign it, then during the wedding day the PRO may be asked by the Mother of the bride, sister, grand mather, etc, to shoot this or that, which the PRO doesnt shoot and say NO, and dont shoot it.

- Arrogant
- Bad user (Family and friends) experience.
- And many more.

Going to a wedding to just do as you
...Show more

I see it the same way. But how often are you asked at a wedding to shoot something. 10 times? So no problem here.

heiko

Sep 21, 2016 at 08:42 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · artist vs salesman - or, get the right client

I wasnt talking about you ! Just describing an extreme situation to make the point.
heikoM wrote:
I see it the same way. But how often are you asked at a wedding to shoot something. 10 times? So no problem here.

heiko

Edited on Sep 21, 2016 at 08:48 AM · View previous versions

Sep 21, 2016 at 08:44 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · artist vs salesman - or, get the right client

You never know, but sometimes a lot of more !

heikoM wrote:
10 times?

heiko

Sep 21, 2016 at 08:47 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · artist vs salesman - or, get the right client

There is nothing wrong with trying to try and get more clients you click with, enjoy working for and you are sure will be very happy with your results but given the buying process you'll reach a limit to how far you can get with it very quickly.

I sound like a broken record but the bottom line for me is that there is only so much creative fulfilment you can expect to get from photographing for money and especially other people's weddings. I'm more interested in how I can get paid more for the work I do tbh.

Sep 21, 2016 at 02:58 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · artist vs salesman - or, get the right client

I prefer to get fulfillment taking my family on a really nice holiday and taking travel/art photos

Sep 21, 2016 at 04:02 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.