New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Digital photo frame

Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Digital photo frame

I'm looking for some help determining which digital photo frame to get. I live in a Rv so wall space is a minimum, as such I'd like to get a a digital frame to display my images on. Hopefully it's a 11x16" or larger that can pull images in a slow slideshow type display changing images every 30-60 minutes user selectable, also would like to publish images to a NAS on my network and have the frame pull the images from the directory instead of me having to manually upload to the frame.

Eventually I may get a 6 monitor display setup and another Desktop built that will power those six monitors. Then I'll display on five of the six monitors hopefully a different image on each monitor. Then I'll move the frame to the bedroom or Motorhome.

Sep 18, 2016 at 05:53 PM
jharter
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Digital photo frame

This does not answer your question exactly but it might help. If you have a monitor connected to a Mac, select all of the JPG's files that you want to display in the slide show. then click Opt-Spacebar and they will launch in a slideshow. So maybe an old, used Macbook Air connected to a monitor would suffice.

Sep 18, 2016 at 07:07 PM
ChrisCoy
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Digital photo frame

Michael White wrote:
I'm looking for some help determining which digital photo frame to get. I live in a Rv so wall space is a minimum, as such I'd like to get a a digital frame to display my images on. Hopefully it's a 11x16" or larger that can pull images in a slow slideshow type display changing images every 30-60 minutes user selectable, also would like to publish images to a NAS on my network and have the frame pull the images from the directory instead of me having to manually upload to the frame.

Eventually I may get a 6 monitor
...Show more

I can't help you, but wanted to relay a word of empathy... we live in an RV too and I fully understand the limited space thing.

I've been thinking of connecting my iMac desktop to my bigscreen TV via a very long HDMI cable. Could you do something along the same lines?

Sep 18, 2016 at 07:35 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Digital photo frame

My problem with using the tv is that it's always on for other reasons. The best I can do is the five out of six monitor setup once I swap out the base and add the second row. It's going to be used for several software setups, like flight sim, running ps and LR at the same dime on a different monitor. I would like the screen savor to be able to show a different image on each display. I'm not sure if I'm going with a 2012 Mac Pro or build a new machine that will run Macos.

Sep 20, 2016 at 02:20 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.