New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

http://i.imgur.com/cNzmvxy.jpg

Glad to see Leica using Fuji's largest sensor.

Sep 14, 2016 at 09:35 AM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

ken.vs.ryu wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/cNzmvxy.jpg

Glad to see Leica using Fuji's largest sensor.

It isn't. The largest sensor is on the Instax Wide

http://instax.com/wide/en/

Sep 14, 2016 at 09:47 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

My wife wants one

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:06 PM
T-bone1
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

Leica will offer it's own film, but the Instax film will work as well.
I wonder if the Leica film will work on the Fuji.
Leica will offer black and white. Fuji does not.
This is actually exciting news for those of us enjoying the Fuji at special gatherings and doing various projects with instant film.

Sep 15, 2016 at 11:42 PM
rsrsrs
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

@edwardkaraa
i just heard an echo ...

Sep 16, 2016 at 12:13 AM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

T-bone1 wrote:
Leica will offer black and white. Fuji does not.

??

http://petapixel.com/2016/09/06/fujifilm-unveils-black-white-instax-mini-film/

Sep 16, 2016 at 12:29 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

rsrsrs wrote:
@edwardkaraa@@
i just heard an echo ...

Better deal than a M or a Q

Sep 16, 2016 at 12:38 AM
T-bone1
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

cputeq wrote:
??

http://petapixel.com/2016/09/06/fujifilm-unveils-black-white-instax-mini-film/

Just found out about this after my post.
Thanks!
-Tim

Sep 16, 2016 at 12:50 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

It's bigger than I'd imagined.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:39 AM
trogdon
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

How does it compare to the nicest of Instax cameras? The manual overrides seem nice

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:51 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

hands on video.

now it doesn't look so big.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/09/20/leica-sofort-instax-camera-hands-on/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fengadgetmobile+(Engadget+Mobile)

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:32 PM
peterv

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

edwardkaraa wrote:
My wife wants one

My wife says it's un-practical, but I want one for myself :-)

After the announcement I got very interested (again) in the whole intstant photo world. Ten years ago I was looking at Polaroid, but found it much too expensive and did not know at the time if film would still be around in the future. But I still like the artsy look of instant photography, so I used my free time during these past few weeks to read up on the phenomenon and I just ordered the Fujifilm Instax Share SP-2. This is a little wireless printer that takes the same Instax Mini film as the Leica Sofort. It prints from IOS and Androïd devices on instant paper. Of course you don't get the large sensor look from shooting directly in camera, but the instant print look is there.

I figured this saves me having to lug around an instant camera, which I will probably buy later, either the Instax Mini. 90 or the Leica Sofort. I think Leica should get a commission from Fuji for creating the extra interest in the Instax line :-) But then again, Fuji doesn't really need that. I understood they sell 5-6 million Instax cameras per year!

One last thing, if you have a Fuji digital, you can print directly from your camera to the wireless printer. I wish Leica and Sony would add this piece of software to their WiFi enabled cameras. The little prints are goingh to be nice giveaways.

Oct 05, 2016 at 07:55 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

Is there any way to preserve instant photos? I've got Poloroids from the early 90's that are no longer photographs, and they were kept flat in an album.

Oct 06, 2016 at 01:51 AM
peterv

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

In this white paper:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/instant_photo/pdf/instax_mini_datasheet.pdf

They say that the paper has "Greater Resistance to Age-induced Changes in Raw Stock” due to "New emulsion, new development accelerators and newly developed development-control technology.”

Further down it is mentioned that:

"The quality of finished photos will change during storage if exposed to strong light, high temperatures, and high humidity. Photos are also affected by exposure to certain gases. For optimum preservation during long-term storage, keep photos in a dark, dry and well-ventilated location away from harmful gases.

As with all sensitive materials, images produced on this film are subject to discoloration or fading with time. The Fuji Photo Film Co. disclaims any responsibility for any discoloration or fading that may occur with this film."

I understand the Instax paper has been around since 1998, I’d like to see what prints from around the year 2000 look like. But then again, I guess the ageing of the film has it's charms.

Oct 07, 2016 at 02:51 AM
TMaG82
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

peterv wrote:
My wife says it's un-practical, but I want one for myself :-)

After the announcement I got very interested (again) in the whole intstant photo world. Ten years ago I was looking at Polaroid, but found it much too expensive and did not know at the time if film would still be around in the future. But I still like the artsy look of instant photography, so I used my free time during these past few weeks to read up on the phenomenon and I just ordered the Fujifilm Instax Share SP-2. This is a little wireless printer that takes the
...Show more

I have the SP-2 now and had the SP-1 before. The 2 is leaps and bounds better than the 1. And from my understanding the Sofort is simply a rebadged Instax 90, similar to Leica taking the Panasonic LX100, slapping their red dot on it and calling it the D-Lux 109 and charging a premium for it.

Oct 07, 2016 at 04:58 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

The SP-2 makes more sense to me. Less wasted film, and you've always got the digital original.

Oct 07, 2016 at 09:59 PM
timde

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Leica Sofort Fuji Instax Camera

We have a little polaroid printer, and a few cheap digital cameras, for the kids. Its a lot of fun, I guess, but ... a print from the chemist costs 7 cents, from Polaroid its 50 cents, from Fuji Instax 75 cents and Leica wants 100 cents (for the same thing as Fuji sells ...). Since Fujis only profit is coming from selling Instax film, you can understand why Leica _really_ offers the Sofort.

I'm slightly cynical, the printer was lots fun, as would an instax camera be, but after the first week of holidays the novelty had worn off completely ... which is a good thing given the cost of the prints

I think for an event photographer, professional or otherwise, its great. Otherwise, nice toy, lots of fun, not sure if its wise to expect too much more than that.

Oct 08, 2016 at 04:52 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.