New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · San Luis Obispo

gnagel
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · San Luis Obispo

Mission San Luis Obispo was the 12th (of 21) California missions that I visited.

2- It was a minor miracle that I captured this interior without tourists. The mission was very crowded, but this scene cleared for a few minutes for me to capture the wide view of this large interior space.

3- Most missions have a motif...a decorative design or pattern running through the interior of the church.

7- I'm glad I captured pictures of the exterior of the church before entering. When I left the church, I planned to take more photos in hopefully better light. But, by then a concert stage was set up in front of the steps--and no further photo opportunities of the outside of the church would be available for a couple of days!

8- I didn't expect to see a tomb (for a young girl) built into the wall of the church.

9- On my walk back to the car, I came across this scene. It's not the prettiest picture, but where else will you find a Bubblegum Alley?

Thanks for looking. Next up, La Purisima Mission!

Glenn

Sep 13, 2016 at 02:05 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · San Luis Obispo

Such beauty Glenn! The stucco(?) walls with the beautiful painting..really fine work. And in all of your missions, I see that whoever does the maintenance on these old structures is equally to be congratulated!
Await your next one...
Dan

Sep 19, 2016 at 08:58 AM
peacefrog33756
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · San Luis Obispo

Thanks for the great tour of the California missions. Better than National Geographic!

Sep 19, 2016 at 05:53 PM
gnagel
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · San Luis Obispo

Danpbphoto wrote:
Such beauty Glenn! The stucco(?) walls with the beautiful painting..really fine work. And in all of your missions, I see that whoever does the maintenance on these old structures is equally to be congratulated!
Await your next one...
Dan

Thanks Dan...it must cost a fortune to keep these old buildings maintained.

Glenn

Sep 19, 2016 at 09:13 PM
gnagel
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · San Luis Obispo

peacefrog33756 wrote:
Thanks for the great tour of the California missions. Better than National Geographic!

Thank you for taking the time to view the pictures!

Glenn

Sep 19, 2016 at 09:14 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · San Luis Obispo

9- On my walk back to the car, I came across this scene. It's not the prettiest picture, but where else will you find a Bubblegum Alley?

Not an alley, but a wall....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gum_Wall

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:01 PM
gnagel
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · San Luis Obispo

GoodEgg wrote:

Not an alley, but a wall....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gum_Wall

Actually, it's an alley.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubblegum_Alley

Glenn

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:14 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.