New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

esanchez
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

I got mine since Sept 8 so I can't return to seller. Only choice is sending in to Fuji and hopefully they can replicate the issue or run some sort of diagnostics to figure out if something is malfunctioning. Disappoints me that I've only had the camera for 2 months and already has to go to the shop. I guess that's the price for being an early adopter. :-(

Nov 17, 2016 at 02:47 PM
Seabassius
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

Mine froze up today. Was outside shooting in the cold and snow and it took the picture but then it was like the shutter never opened back up. Everything was black, but thought the evf I could see the focus reticle but no response. Turned off and on, same thing. Pulled battery out and it was fine. I've taken over 1000 shots and that was the first time I've seen that. I've had issues where it gives me autofocus confirmation and nothing is in focus.

Nov 17, 2016 at 09:45 PM
Ariel70
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

My wasabi battery was causing the problem, once I switched it for the original fuji battery, the camera did not freeze anymore.

Edited on Nov 24, 2016 at 05:31 PM · View previous versions

Nov 18, 2016 at 01:53 AM
esanchez
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

I been using the original fuji battery that came with the X-T2 and freezes have still occurred.

Nov 18, 2016 at 02:04 AM
mike kobal
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

constant freezing with 90mm lens, latest firmware, orig battery, face detect off, doesn't appear to have anything to do with focus setting but particularly with this lens. Bummer, unusable for pro work.

Nov 24, 2016 at 04:53 PM
traveler
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

Only had ONE freeze so far. Got the new EF-X500 and was messing around with it and it's controls not knowing what I was doing (hadn't read the manual yet). Was using back button focus and shooting in low light with a new 16mm f1.4 it locked up. Took OFF the back button focus (which I'm not in love with) and did the firmware update for the lens to 1.01 and it's just fine now. Tried to get it to lock up and it won't. So I think I'm out of the woods.

Nov 24, 2016 at 05:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

my XT2 has frozen several times. Previously I've just removed the batteries from the grip and all was OK.
I purchased Fuji S batteries for the grip to replace non Fuji ones and that didn't help.
I was in "boost" mode every time it's frozen.
I stopped doing raw to one card and jpeg to the other.
I have 2 Lexar 16 gig 1000x cards in place and only write to card one.
Yesterday the camera went dead and I placed it back in the camera back.
After returning home I removed the camera from the bag and it turned on only to show the camera battery almost dead and grip batteries still full. I removed the battery to charge it and it was warm.
My next step is to use a non Lexar SD card.
I thought I read somewhere that Fuji replaced a board inside someone else's camera that was freezing.
I'll have to look for a U.S. Fuji service center number.
I originally purchased this camera for vacation use. I have been using it professionally because I like it's size/weight. Glad I haven't sold my Canon's yet. My 1DX was my backup camera yesterday that I had to use to finish the shoot.

Sep 03, 2017 at 03:14 PM
esanchez
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

Mine hasn't frozen again since Nov. but I have applied all the firmwares released since then. Maybe they patched it without us knowing. :-/

Sep 07, 2017 at 05:17 PM
AtomicPunk
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

Kenneth Farver wrote:
my XT2 has frozen several times. Previously I've just removed the batteries from the grip and all was OK.
I purchased Fuji S batteries for the grip to replace non Fuji ones and that didn't help.
I was in "boost" mode every time it's frozen.
I stopped doing raw to one card and jpeg to the other.
I have 2 Lexar 16 gig 1000x cards in place and only write to card one.
Yesterday the camera went dead and I placed it back in the camera back.
After returning home I removed the camera from the bag and it turned on only to show the
...Show more

Are you shooting compressed or uncompressed Raw? If compressed, try changing to uncompressed.

Sep 07, 2017 at 06:09 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

X-T2 freezing? Is the OP from Canada by any chance. There's the problem.

Just kidding, I hope the trip back fixes it. At least Fuji is well known in being sincere with bug fixes and firmware patches. It's got to be frustrating, still.

Sep 07, 2017 at 08:19 PM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

shooting uncompressed raw, thanks.

Sep 08, 2017 at 02:59 PM
AtomicPunk
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Fuji X-T2 freezing.

Kenneth Farver wrote:
shooting uncompressed raw, thanks.

I experienced this along with what I felt was excessive heat until I switched to uncompressed and it went away.

Sep 10, 2017 at 08:49 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password