New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Pocket wizard channels

Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pocket wizard channels

I was wondering if anyone had a chart with the different channels that wort from item to item

You say what the channel three isn't channel 3 on everything no from what I remeber reading.

At the time I was trying to do several things without reconfiguring for each one.

Items used sekonic light meter with radio module for the ITTL radios, flex, mini, plus III radios

What I was trying to accomplish was three things .

1) use light meter to set different zones of lights both speedlite on flexes, studio lights using plus III, a remote cameras using a plus III to trip shutter mini on camera to set off flashes set fo remote camera, main camera with mini to do two things trip remote camera and trip flashes setup for main camera, also have plus III trip remote for times when I'm not want multi angles of same instance.

IIRC
The channels numbers are different for the radio in the sekonic and the ITTL channels are different than the plain plus III type Chanel's.

IIRC the ITTL channels are two digit channels for the plus III channel.

It's been a year since I was able to mess with this setup so I may have some things wrong but it was really confusing. It may have been the new ITTL radio module for the sekonic light meter to trip the flex or maybe it was trying to use it to trip the remote camera after setting up the lights in case I was short on other radios.

If I remember correctly the mini will trip the shutter on the remote camera and fire the lights per normal s,o maybe the mini on the remote pulled double duty and I didn't use a plus III on the remote came.

I need help figuring out anything past using the ITTL radios with the ITTL radios and the plus ii is with the plus ii is IIRC I never got the light meter setup to test the lights. Any help would be great.

Sep 13, 2016 at 02:58 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pocket wizard channels

It looks like they have all the charts in the PDF now, don't know why I didn't check their first. But it appears that pw has stopped making videos demoing their products features. I went and checked and was disappointed/surprised at how few pw tv videos they were about the same number as two years ago.

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:15 AM
c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pocket wizard channels

Michael White wrote:
But it appears that pw has stopped making videos demoing their products features. I went and checked and was disappointed/surprised at how few pw tv videos they were about the same number as two years ago.

Radio triggers have become a commodity. Just look at the posts on this forum, many people's purchases are driven by (low) price. When/if PocketWizard comes out with a killer new product, we'll se some more videos.

Sep 14, 2016 at 01:34 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.