New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Actor Headshots

Dark_night

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Actor Headshots

I always felt that my friend Nico should have been a Hollywood actor. So one day I decided to photograph some portraits of him in a very classic Hollywood old school lighting set up and these are the results we came up with.

© Dark_night 2016

© Dark_night 2016

Sep 12, 2016 at 08:01 PM
omrhsn
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Actor Headshots

Superb images of a handsome guy. I've been following and enjoying your posts over here. I envy you for having good looking friends who are willing to let you photograph them

Nov 15, 2016 at 01:15 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Actor Headshots

You should definitely get some input from people in the acting industry.

I took (what I thought) were great headshots for an aspiring actor. Sent them to my brother (acting coach in LA) and he quickly dismissed them as totally unusable.

These are nice shots, but from the feedback my brother gave me, these would be absolutely tossed in the bin.

HTH

greg

Nov 15, 2016 at 03:04 AM
Lilki
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Actor Headshots

gheller wrote:
You should definitely get some input from people in the acting industry.

I took (what I thought) were great headshots for an aspiring actor. Sent them to my brother (acting coach in LA) and he quickly dismissed them as totally unusable.

These are nice shots, but from the feedback my brother gave me, these would be absolutely tossed in the bin.

HTH

greg

What about them is unusable? I'm just curious..

Nov 15, 2016 at 04:29 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Actor Headshots

I suspect that Greg's comments are based on the presumption that these are meant to be an actor's headshot for casting purposes. These may be okay for publicity or other purposes, but for casting purposes they'd fall short, as they don't reveal the entire face, and exhibit a rather blank expression. They just don't convey enough information to cause a casting director to choose him. But they're not bad portraits in and of themselves. A bit more light in the eyes would help.

Nov 15, 2016 at 06:03 PM
twoshadows
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Actor Headshots

Good portraits, good information. I recently had a similar experience doing a friends head shots. Also it seems, more natural backgrounds (and - ugh - shallow depth of field shots) are being used. And, who knew? Color.

Kindness

Ms. Julian

Nov 16, 2016 at 09:01 PM
Dennyw

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Actor Headshots

#1 very nice light!

Nov 17, 2016 at 02:32 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.