New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · X-T2 Battery Grip

svassh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-T2 Battery Grip

Received mine today along with 2 spare batteries. Pleasantly suprised it includes a charger that allows you to charge the 2 batteries in place in the grip and has a green charging light for each battery. Still expensive but happy to see they added some nice to have features that my Canon grips did not.

Sep 12, 2016 at 05:27 PM
mcorona
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-T2 Battery Grip

I'm really hoping someone makes a 3rd party grip that still hast the boost featuers.

Sep 12, 2016 at 05:31 PM
southwoodlaker
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-T2 Battery Grip

svassh wrote:
Received mine today along with 2 spare batteries. Pleasantly suprised it includes a charger that allows you to charge the 2 batteries in place in the grip and has a green charging light for each battery. Still expensive but happy to see they added some nice to have features that my Canon grips did not.

Thanks for the report. Can you use the old batteries and still have the similar performance?

Sep 12, 2016 at 05:56 PM
svassh
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X-T2 Battery Grip

southwoodlaker wrote:
Thanks for the report. Can you use the old batteries and still have the similar performance?

I'm new to Fuji so only have new batteries.

Sep 12, 2016 at 05:57 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · X-T2 Battery Grip

Performance is the same, just the older ones heat up more. I have one older battery, and I am curious as to what the optimal position would be for it. Not to use it without the grip? Only use it in the body with the grip? Only in the grip so it is further from the heat generating electronics?

I suspect it will be trial and error for me.

southwoodlaker wrote:

Sep 12, 2016 at 06:13 PM
southwoodlaker
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · X-T2 Battery Grip

TheEmrys wrote:
Performance is the same, just the older ones heat up more. I have one older battery, and I am curious as to what the optimal position would be for it. Not to use it without the grip? Only use it in the body with the grip? Only in the grip so it is further from the heat generating electronics?

I suspect it will be trial and error for me.

Thanks and hope you can let us know what you find out. I have some older model batteries but planning to buy the grip. I am wondering if I just use the camera with grip in normal shooting mode (for weddings and events, not do continuous shooting for sport or birds etc.) will it also get hot quickly?

Sep 13, 2016 at 09:10 AM
southwoodlaker
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · X-T2 Battery Grip

I got mine. Need it to balance with my 50-140 lens and reduce battery change time during weddings. The two battery options is great and the boost mode works very well (I am only using the old model batteries now). You can charge two batteries together and each has it's own green indicator. In view finder three battery levels were shown individually.
It felt very comfortable in my hand especially the vertical position. But the X-T2 horizontal position just felt OK not as great as the vertical position. I remembered the X-T1 grip was very comfortable even at the horizontal position. Maybe I remembered wrong.

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:32 AM
azfotog

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · X-T2 Battery Grip

I also have the booster grip for the XT2, it works fine however for my recent trip to the Grand Canyon I left it at home as it just weighed too much for walking around and that is the main reason I sold all my Canon stuff and switched to mirrorless. Also ordered the kit lens 18mm-55mm and had my doubts, but the discount is good for the XT2 kit and it is a fine lens. My first Fuji zoom as all five other Fuji X lenses are primes.

Sep 24, 2016 at 01:59 PM
traveler
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · X-T2 Battery Grip

In case you hadn't heard the latest tech tip I got from Fuji......if you own a smartphone such as a Samsung like the 6 or 7, the charger has the right sized USB plug on it to plug into the lower half of the USB3 connection behind the door, to quickly and easily charge up the internal battery of the camera while you're charging the dual batteries of the grip with it's individual charger (which has no effect on the battery inside the camera) which by the way IF you are expecting the longer 4k recording and group of speed improvements in the performance of the camera in the "Boost" mode you MUST have ALL THREE batteries in the camera. Since the charging process is super easy as I just described it's wonderful to just leave the grip on as if it's part of the camera now, no need to ever remove it. Just plug in the grip's AC adapter/charger and at the same time plug in your phone charger in the lower portion of that USB behind the door and in no time voila' you're ready to go again.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:17 PM
firingsquad
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · X-T2 Battery Grip

I'm personally not a fan of the new X-T2 Grip. the rubber that goes up the side feels like an after thought. it doesn't sit right onto the camera body and looks cheap. I would have preferred a grip with similar styling to the X-T1 grip.

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:22 AM
absolutic
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · X-T2 Battery Grip

I am gonna buy that VG as it feel that af of my XT2 is still not there, so hopefully that extra 11% AF boost will propel my XT2 to where I need it to be

Sep 26, 2016 at 01:55 PM
ajamils
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · X-T2 Battery Grip

absolutic wrote:
I am gonna buy that VG as it feel that af of my XT2 is still not there, so hopefully that extra 11% AF boost will propel my XT2 to where I need it to be

So you are back in Fuji camp AGAIN?

Sep 26, 2016 at 02:02 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · X-T2 Battery Grip

I think the grip is a necessity when using longer, heavier lenses. That negates any negatives. Personally, I wish Fiji offered a beefed-up XT-2 that didn't require a grip. Call it an XT-2S. I believe it would weigh less than the current XT-2 + grip. But that is my fantasy.

Edited on Sep 26, 2016 at 05:01 PM · View previous versions

Sep 26, 2016 at 02:21 PM
mogili007
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · X-T2 Battery Grip

Yeah..a beefed up X-T2 with an integrated grip would be perfect.

Sep 26, 2016 at 02:37 PM
ontime
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · X-T2 Battery Grip

mogili007 wrote:
Yeah..a beefed up X-T2 with an integrated grip would be perfect.

Isn't that a dSLR?

Sep 26, 2016 at 03:42 PM
mogili007
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · X-T2 Battery Grip

Granted it is going to be bigger but it will still be more compact than a X-T2 with the added grip and a lot thinner than a DSLR..

ontime wrote:
Isn't that a dSLR?

Sep 26, 2016 at 03:50 PM
southwoodlaker
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · X-T2 Battery Grip

firingsquad wrote:
I'm personally not a fan of the new X-T2 Grip. the rubber that goes up the side feels like an after thought. it doesn't sit right onto the camera body and looks cheap. I would have preferred a grip with similar styling to the X-T1 grip.

I had exactly the same feeling. Not a big deal though. Just wish everything would be perfect for X-T2.

Sep 28, 2016 at 09:01 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.