New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · sRGB vs. Adobe RGB + Huelight

Dj R
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · sRGB vs. Adobe RGB + Huelight

I have been using Adobe RGB in my Nikon cameras.
I use LR for post.

Smugmug told me to use sRGB. I've been reading up on it.
Seems that sRGB is the way to go.

Any comments?

--

I am thinking about giving Huelight an order.
Can't find any reviews from Nikon users.
Anyone here have experience with Huelight?

Thank you!

Sep 12, 2016 at 09:50 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · sRGB vs. Adobe RGB + Huelight

The choice of sRGB or Adobe RGB in your camera ONLY affects in camera jpegs, not raw files. Huelight provides alternative camera profiles for Lightroom that will not be affected by your choice of RGB working space there. Lightroom works internally in a version of ProPhotoRGB, but you make the choice of what space to actually output in. If Smugmug requests sRGB, then you choose that as your output color space, or, if you also have Photoshop, use that to convert the file to sRGB before you upload it to Smugmug.

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:19 AM
Dj R
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · sRGB vs. Adobe RGB + Huelight

Peter Figen wrote:
The choice of sRGB or Adobe RGB in your camera ONLY affects in camera jpegs, not raw files. Huelight provides alternative camera profiles for Lightroom that will not be affected by your choice of RGB working space there. Lightroom works internally in a version of ProPhotoRGB, but you make the choice of what space to actually output in. If Smugmug requests sRGB, then you choose that as your output color space, or, if you also have Photoshop, use that to convert the file to sRGB before you upload it to Smugmug.

- I only use LR. so I'm going to set my bodies to shoot in sRGB, and be done with it. right?

- I realize the RGB vs. Huelight issues are not related. I just didn't want to start a new thread on each.
So if anyone has experience with Huelight, pls provide some insight as to how well you think their profiles work. thanks!

And thank you Peter

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:06 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · sRGB vs. Adobe RGB + Huelight

sRGB is the standard for the web, which is why Smugmug tell you to use it

Unless you know what you are doing use sRGB, it's safer

Sep 17, 2016 at 02:38 PM
Greg Schneider
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · sRGB vs. Adobe RGB + Huelight

Good points above. I honestly use srgb for nearly all images. It may be due to my subject matter, with soft proofing to srgb rarely shows colours clipping (not possible to render) in srgb vs argb.

Sep 17, 2016 at 07:53 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.