Thanks
Ps: I know how to take pictures with out a trigger but I'm looking to buy one
Thanks

Sep 10, 2016 at 07:51 PM
Greg Campbell
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · lightning trigger

Keep in mind that when using a trigger, the trigger + mirror + shutter latency means you'll usually miss the bright branching phase of the lightning which occurs during the first return stroke.

This guys says good things about the Nero.

Sep 10, 2016 at 08:30 PM
Mudflap
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · lightning trigger

Check out the Lightning Bug from MKControls, http://mkcontrols.com/lightningbug/

I just bought one, however, haven't had any lightning to run it through its paces yet It has really good ratings on Adorama and B&H. it is infrared only and designed to pick the IR light at the beginning of a stroke.

Sep 10, 2016 at 08:39 PM
EGrav
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · lightning trigger

Greg Campbell wrote:
Keep in mind that when using a trigger, the trigger + mirror + shutter latency means you'll usually miss the bright branching phase of the lightning which occurs during the first return stroke.

This guys says good things about the Nero.

I think that must depend on your equipment (which camera, trigger, etc.) I have seen many ( and taken many) daytime lightning images which shows the branching. Of course, there is no, or little branching in a + CG strike. -CG strikes have the branching phase.

To the OP - spend the money. I tried Patchmaster, Nero, Lightning Bug and got limited daytime results. Of course, at night, triggers aren't necessary. Finally, spent the money on the Lightning Trigger IV and now get a very high % capture. YMMV

Sep 11, 2016 at 07:32 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.