Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Milvus 135mm f/2 ZF.2...interesting times ahead for this focal length

rico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Milvus 135mm f/2 ZF.2...interesting times ahead for this focal length

Keith B. wrote:
The reason you don't see anything in that review that "says it's worth spending 4X" is because that review didn't take the lens apart and critically examine the design for durability and serviceability. If they had, they would have told you...if they were interested in producing an honest and complete analysis...that the Samyang has no available parts, no available service, is not repairable or adjustable. Forever.
If it breaks, you throw it away.

I'm not sure the Rok 135 can be taken apart: from the outside, the build feels like plastic, rivets and glue. This CZ fanatic decided to set aside his Teutonic prejudice and preference for shiny metal in the interest of sheer optical performance. The Rok may be a throwaway lens but, at $400 for condition 10 from B&H, I feel the tradeoffs are tolerable. When I need AF, other lenses are available on my shelf.

Sep 09, 2016 at 07:57 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.