New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · New 50mm for A7II

cajer

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New 50mm for A7II

After dropping my beloved my Contax 50 1.4 off a glacier in Iceland, I am in search of a new 50mm lens.

The ones I am considering are another contax, the zony 55mm, and the sigma art (I can't afford the new zony 50 1.4 but already have a metabones adapter).

I loved the contax rendering even though I know it is not close to the sharpness of the sigma art and zony.

Does the zony render similarly to the contax and how does the sigma art compare or are there any other lenses worth considering?

Sep 07, 2016 at 04:56 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New 50mm for A7II

The rendering isn't similar at all.

The 55/1.8 has a look of its own. It has incredible sharpness and contrast, but doesn't give the 3D effect that the Contax does. In my mind, if you liked the Contax look, get another Contax.

My recommendation will be to get the Contax and get a Leitz/Leica 50 Summicron-R. You can get both for less than the cost of a 55/1.8. And ypu won't find two 50's that are so different while being equally amazing.

Sep 07, 2016 at 05:06 PM
notherenow
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New 50mm for A7II

I would suggest at least TRYING the Sony Zeiss 55 1.8 if possible.

It is a very nice lens and worth the price (even the price it was originally I think).

I am very happy with the images and I think it gives results just as "3D" as any other similar lens while being sharper than most. AF is sometimes nice to have as well.

Sep 09, 2016 at 05:06 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.