FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · RRS Leveling head ?

Ming-Tzu
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · RRS Leveling head ?

Perfect!! Thanks!!!

Ideally, I would've liked to just get the RRS leveling base with their bowl because I like the hook. But thought about getting the Gitzo leveling base for security, but it has no hook. Sounds like I will need to combine both options like you (Gitzo bowl and RRS leveling base).

Thanks!!

Feb 16, 2017 at 08:40 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · RRS Leveling head ?

I actually use the RRS long handle, but without the hook. I find the handle easier to tighten without the hook. When >15 lbs. is on the leveling base and I'm walking around with the tripod over the shoulder, it's a good idea to tighten the leveling base well.

EBH

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:10 PM
Ming-Tzu
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · RRS Leveling head ?

I don't think I would ever carry that heavy a load on the shoulder, but agree with tightening the base before the trek lol

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:14 PM
RobAmy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · RRS Leveling head ?

I agree the long handle is the best for the ease of tightening down. However the handle is way to long for putting the tripod low to the ground. I prefer the knob style which allows my tripod to be the lowest it can be. Tightens down just as tight as the handle just a little harder to do.

Feb 17, 2017 at 06:46 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.