Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · A Summer's Rose (C&C Welcome)

No Regrets
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A Summer's Rose (C&C Welcome)

Came across these roses while on a walk this summer. Tried to capture their beauty, but nothing beats seeing these and smelling their sweet fragrance in person Comments and criticism are most welcome

DSC_9578 by Don Sawall, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,
Don

Sep 05, 2016 at 09:00 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A Summer's Rose (C&C Welcome)

Quite nice Don. I'm wondering about stopping down a bit more to get the rest of the rose sharp

Morris

Sep 05, 2016 at 09:12 PM
No Regrets
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A Summer's Rose (C&C Welcome)

morris wrote:
Quite nice Don. I'm wondering about stopping down a bit more to get the rest of the rose sharp

Morris

Thanks Morris. Yes, that is a great idea Shooting this image was an extremely casual affair as I was just out walking with my wife and golden retriever. It was shot very impromptu, hand held and I remember it was about 10-15 mph winds. Those roses were dancing around like crazy and feeling rushed at the time (didn't want my wife getting to bored waiting for yet another image to be taken, lol) I didn't pay close enough attention to the fact that I was wide open. F2 on the Zeiss 135.

I am strictly just an amateur having fun. As a result, after getting home and reviewing my images I often find that I wished I would have done things a little differently.

Thank you for your helpful tips as it helps me learn

Best wishes,
Don

Sep 05, 2016 at 09:20 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A Summer's Rose (C&C Welcome)

I like it Don. In addition to the aperture, it's nice to have the whole flower. In windy conditions, you might want to back up a bit for a looser comp. This really helps with a moving subject. A slight crop might be necessary, but that's better than cutting off parts ~ Ron

Sep 06, 2016 at 07:13 AM
No Regrets
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A Summer's Rose (C&C Welcome)

surfnron wrote:
I like it Don. In addition to the aperture, it's nice to have the whole flower. In windy conditions, you might want to back up a bit for a looser comp. This really helps with a moving subject. A slight crop might be necessary, but that's better than cutting off parts ~ Ron

Thank you Ron! Excellent idea. That's what I like about this forum. People willing to share their tips, advice, experience, etc with others. Much appreciate everyone's comments

Don

Sep 06, 2016 at 04:38 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.