Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · High School Football

leewoolery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · High School Football

It is the busiest time of the year for me with all of the fall team pictures, media days and pre-season banners generated from my photo contracts but I still have to cover action for local paper, my website and athletic departments.

These were taken with the tried and true 1Dx and D500, which is an excellent sports camera from my initial tests.

© Lee Woolery Speedshot Photo

Jacob Anderson returns an interception for a touchdown against Trotwood Madison.

Josh Browder breaks into the clear on a screen pass against Cincinnati Northwest

Dylan Sedam pass blocks against Trotwood Madison

Hayden Kotwica looks for an open receiver against Trotwood Madison

Troy's defense stuffs a Cincinnati Northwest runner for a loss

Sep 05, 2016 at 12:50 PM
jcnemy
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · High School Football

Lee - a great set, especially with the solo subjects. However - the last one is my with the player without his helmet...what a unique capture.

So - are you humping two 400s at the same time One with a D500 an the other with a 1Dx? If so - wow, impressive!

Sep 05, 2016 at 01:41 PM
leewoolery
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · High School Football

jcnemy wrote:
Lee - a great set, especially with the solo subjects. However - the last one is my with the player without his helmet...what a unique capture.

So - are you humping two 400s at the same time One with a D500 an the other with a 1Dx? If so - wow, impressive!

Thanks...the sports editor loves the single player photos for feature articles and layouts where vertical crops make for a nice variety on a page.

I still provide them with horizontal crops when necessary.

The images I need for senior appreciation gifts and the athletic department require players standing alone for easy extraction...especially lineman and linebackers.

I have settled on the 1Dx/400 f/2.8 as my main set-up with a 24-70 and 70-200 on other bodies....and that's heavy enough.

I shoot from one knee so I must do several one-legged thrusts with 35 pounds of gear per contest...plus holding the 400 and 1Dx in one hand is like doing several dumbbell curls a night with 20 pounds.

Call me a pro-body snob but I have been so used to the D2, D3, 1D, 1D Mark II, III, IV and now the 1Dx series cameras for action that the D500 with grip, as great as it is...just doesn't fit the hand like one-piece bodies.

Attached are other crops.

Team singes alma mater with band after game

Team holds helmets high after 2-0 start

Senior Hayden Kotwica breaks through banner

Senior linebacker Will Brumfield chases Northwest quarterback

Tackle Kameron block protects the quarterback against Northwest

Sep 05, 2016 at 03:49 PM
Fearsys

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · High School Football

I'd be happy to lug around your equipment so you don't break your back 😀

Sep 05, 2016 at 07:11 PM
jcnemy
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · High School Football

leewoolery wrote:
Thanks...the sports editor loves the single player photos for feature articles and layouts where vertical crops make for a nice variety on a page.

I still provide them with horizontal crops when necessary.

The images I need for senior appreciation gifts and the athletic department require players standing alone for easy extraction...especially lineman and linebackers.

I have settled on the 1Dx/400 f/2.8 as my main set-up with a 24-70 and 70-200 on other bodies....and that's heavy enough.

I shoot from one knee so I must do several one-legged thrusts with 35 pounds of gear per contest...plus holding the 400 and 1Dx in one hand
...Show more

All makes sense. I hear you about humping the poundage along the sidelines

Sep 07, 2016 at 07:25 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.