Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              68      
       end

Pre-order: Fujifilm GFX 50S Medium Format body ($6,499)

marc aurel

Upload & Sell: Off
p.69 #1 · p.69 #1 · Pre-order: Fujifilm GFX 50S Medium Format body ($6,499)

Steve Spencer wrote:
I think this is interesting, but the difficulty with EF lenses is how do you set the aperture. The fotodiox adapter that has been announced doesn't have any way to do that, and metabones, for now anyway, has told people they do not intend to make an electronic EF lens to GFX camera adapter. Maybe someone else will make such an adapter. Novoflex might be a good candidate. They generally make good adapters and they have an electronic EF lens to Leica SL camera adapter. If you like the Sigma 85 results in the link you might be able
...Show more

I emailed Cambo and asked if their upcoming Actus version for the GFX would allow the use of their Canon lens board with electronic aperture control. They sent me a very detailled answer. I really like Cambos open way to respond to customer questions and discuss possible future products. Here is what they said about the Actus and Canon lenses:

"The Fujifilm G mount has a focal flange distance (FFD) of 26.7mm, the Canon lens has a FFD of 44.0mm, than you will have a distance 17.3mm left, this is not enough space to construct a front and rear frame including a bellows to achieve tilt, swing and shift movements. So unfortunately within the Actus system it in physically impossible to use Canon lenses on the Fujifilm GFX camera.

Therefore we are thinking about designing an fixed adapter between the GFX camera and Canon lenses, this way the Canon TS-E lenses can be used on the GFX and you have still some tilt/swing and shift options for the TS-E lens itself. "

So when Metabones does not plan to do something for Canon lenses with aperture control - it looks like Cambo might do that. For my TS-Es I even prefer a fixed adapter to the Actus solution. If you want that too: send Cambo an E-Mail and request for such a product.

Regards -
Marc

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:31 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.69 #2 · p.69 #2 · Pre-order: Fujifilm GFX 50S Medium Format body ($6,499)

Steve Spencer wrote:
I think the issue with the Otus on the GFX will be whether the image circle is big enough. It may be, but it may not be.

Back a couple years ago while researching the H-Cam Master TS adapter, IIRC, the designer indicated the Otus 55 was tried and found to have a limited image circle size. At least in respect to tilt/shift usefulness. Seems the usable image circle isn't all that much larger than that needed for 24x36mm, therefore may not work optimally on mini-MF. Some of the lenses that do work well on that adapter include the Canon 16-35/4 after removal of the rear baffle, as well as a similarly modified 11-24/4. IIRC, for their tests, the 16-35/4 was enduser modified but the 11-24 was modified by Canon.

A couple lenses I'd be curious about on mini-MF that weren't on your list, Steve, include the Leica R 80/1.4 and highly unlikely due to rarity, but potentially cool: Nikkor 300/2.

Also, back a number of years ago, a member here adapted the Canon FD 85/1.2L to Mamiya 645. Of course, infinity focus was not possible, but at nearer distances, the lens covered the 645 (film) format. I have a feeling we're going to see this lens on the Fuji a fair amount...

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:43 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password