FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Photobooks

DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photobooks

I have a client looking for a a "Photo Book" as opposed to an album. So I think I'm looking for albums with an nice photo rag type paper. Any outlets?

Sep 02, 2016 at 11:21 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photobooks

I consider BRI's Photobook and Finao's Playbook to be "Photo Books". May not mean your client is thinking like that.

Sep 02, 2016 at 01:03 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photobooks

friscoron wrote:
I consider BRI's Photobook and Finao's Playbook to be "Photo Books". May not mean your client is thinking like that.

Yeah not quite looking for something like the playbook. Think thin pages, analogous to an actual book. Not the thicker pages in the playbook.

Sep 02, 2016 at 02:01 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photobooks

I'd take that to mean press printed.

Seriously though, check this. I know some people's definition of album is the old school pictures-in-cutouts ones and photobook as the modern designed flush mount.

Sep 02, 2016 at 03:31 PM
coreybell
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photobooks

I used Shutterfly years ago to make photo books. They were easy to lay out and a pretty quick turnaround to receive them.

Sep 02, 2016 at 04:12 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photobooks

what about visionart original?

BRI art paper is nice also but not as nice of a book

Sep 02, 2016 at 04:29 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Photobooks

millers signature album with press paper is decent as well, better book than BRI

Sep 02, 2016 at 04:30 PM
StorybookPages

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Photobooks

The album world is full of terms that often have different meanings to different users...
I think PhotoBook is one of them.

Most often, I hear it used to mean an "book" less substantial than a heavy matted or flush mount album...for example, AsukaBook makes a "Bookbound" series. They're high end, press-printed, paper page books with conventional non-lay-flat binding. A slim book, but well made. Leather, faux, or photo covers typically.

But someone else may interpret it another way. Best to see an example of what the client wants.

Sep 09, 2016 at 05:05 PM
ShotByTom
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Photobooks

sherijohnson wrote:
millers signature album with press paper is decent as well, better book than BRI

I use the Miller's Signature Albums, but I think the Miller's Signature Book might be more of what he's looking for in this case.

Sep 09, 2016 at 07:14 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.