Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Any issues with these test shots...Nikon AF 80-200 f2.8 ed??

TooManyShots
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any issues with these test shots...Nikon AF 80-200 f2.8 ed??

My visions are getting a bit numbed by all the test shots I have been doing with my Nikon AF 80-200 f2.8d ed, 2 ring version. It won't have been but I managed to remove the front lens element in order to clean up the lens internal. Unfortunately, once you have removed the front element, you have to rotate it back the same way in order to maintain the correct distance inside the lens. I thought I did but it seems kind of not.

Anyway, I am using a different position now since the original factory position wasn't meant to be used on a DSLR...ie, the 200mm back focusing issue.

The following shots were shot wide open. Straight out from ViewNX with 2 raw sharpening and some DS highlight. I normally used Capture One to process my shots. These have little to no post processing. You can see the original file size on my flickr site. At 100% viewing, I notice some slight fringing and a bit of softness around edges.

200mm and focused on the handle bar.
testing0182 by vracing, on Flickr

80mm and focused by the hole at the middle.
testing0199 by vracing, on Flickr

80mm and focused on the word Golden.
testing0202 by vracing, on Flickr

Sep 01, 2016 at 06:34 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.