New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Nikon 1 J4 problem

mikekeating
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon 1 J4 problem

Hello All,

I think I am in a bind. My Nikon 1 J4 seems to have died and I am looking for any possible suggestions to save it quickly. I bought it about 2 years ago and used it sparingly, I was getting ready to pack it away for a dive trip (leaving Saturday) and it would not turn on. I took the battery out, green light flashes, but it will not power up. Remove the battery and the lens. And try again, this time the lens powers on screen flickers, but nothing.

I can not get it to power up, I have tried USB to the computer and it will not recognize the camera.

I am desperate. I can just use my GoPro for the trip, but really would like to see if there is a Hail Mary out there.

Thanks!!!

Sep 01, 2016 at 11:47 AM
taran
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon 1 J4 problem

If you have already written off the camera, and its out of warranty, then I would first try freezing it, and if that didn't work I would try leaving it in the sun.

Sep 01, 2016 at 01:04 PM
Norm Shapiro
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon 1 J4 problem

Might be a battery problem, I'd try another battery.

Sep 01, 2016 at 02:29 PM
mikekeating
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon 1 J4 problem

Looks like the battery is not charging correctly. Could be the charger or the battery. . .Would not have thought about the battery being bad. Good suggestion. Thanks.

Sep 02, 2016 at 07:18 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.